MLB 2013 season

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Apparently, the guy who created it was subsequently recruited to and joinedhttp://www.fangraphs.com/. I'm not into baseball enough to follow any dedicated baseball sites but that one looks pretty good and I would expect similar gifs to show up for other pitchers.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The Rangers have the only starting rotation that has never played another inning for a Major league organization besides their own, and the same can be said for 10 of their 13 pitchers overall.

They have the lowest team ERA in the Majors as of Monday. It only took 5 years for JD to turn the Rangers farm system into a pipeline of top shelf pitching talent.

foddon

I was pretty annoyed that he didn't bring back Mike Adams (the other free agents he let go were understandable) but it seems to be working out so far. Joe Nathan was such a great signing; I completely underrated it at the time.

I think it's just a matter of time before the starters come down to Earth. Hopefully, the offense can get going and they can build up a nice division lead before it happens. I guess that will be the real test for the bullpen as well.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The 4th and 5th guys are pitching way above their heads, but their only supposed to be stopgaps until Colby Lewis and Martin Perez are ready.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Am consistently surprised at how well Grimm and Tepesch are pitching. It might be because there's hardly any tape on them yet. Then again, Ogando had a great start to 2011.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
ogando relied mostly on his fastball and of course was adapting to an increased workload. tepesch and grimm have very good stuff.

also, darvish was cruising and got way too cute with his pitches. so dumb.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It really is odd how many Dallas sports fans we have on these boards. Lesser popular sports like MLB and NBA end up going on far more in-depth Dallas sports talk than any other team.

My personal team info no one cares about:

I'm confident the Reds have the NL Central again. The away record looks really terrible right now, but I'm not worried. It's baseball. We'll see how things are in June.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It really is odd how many Dallas sports fans we have on these boards. Lesser popular sports like MLB and NBA end up going on far more in-depth Dallas sports talk than any other team.
Yeah, it's always great reading Texas fans getting moist in their underoos, only to have it all come crashing down in September or October. The back-to-back World Series losses were my favorite.

foddon

Fuck you. You're allowed to hate on the Cowboys but leave the Rangers alone. They've been throw more than enough pain.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I'm pleasantly surprised at the Red Sox so far this year. getting Farrell -so far- has been great for the team -especially the pitching of Lester and Buchholz.
sure it's just may but if those 2 can continue to pitch well throughout the season, they have a good shot to make the world series.

Buchholz is 6-0 with a 1.01 era so far, do i expect it to continue, hell no but if he can keep pitching they way he is now, damn.
Lester has not been as sharp his past 2 games... (redsox are 11-1 in games that these two have started)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That's a bit to much butt sex for even SF.
I never would've expectedthatjoke. What a zinger.

Anyhow, the Giants are looking pretty decent. Crawford has really been a surprise for me. At the beginning of the year last year, I wanted him off the team faster than you could say butt sex. Fortunately, his fielding finally came around near the end of the season, after a boatload of errors. Now, it looks like he's finally starting to get a decent bat under him as well.

I'm a little concerned about how many HRs the Giants are giving up, especially Vogelsong and Cain. Hitters have been all over them. Fortunately, Bumgarner is pitching fantastic, with an ERA around 1.5.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jays accusing Buchholz, and Tazawa of doctoring the ball. Specifically Jack Morris. Sour grapes much.

rrr_img_23336.jpg