MLB 2013 season

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I stand corrected.

He walks too much (even though it's less than last year) and hasn't gone deep in many games because he pitchers for strikeouts and racks his pitch count up.

After this game, he leads the entire league by like, 30 strikeouts or so, and I *THINK* he also has the best batting average against.
The advanced stats like Derek Holland more (including WAR), and just the eye test he has been much more consistent - I can't even think of one bad game yet this year and he's gone at least 7 innings almost every start. They are both top 10 pitchers league wide this year - not a bad problem to have. Garza and Perez (so far) are looking like a damn good playoff rotation.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HOW THE FUCK ARE THERE EVEN MORE RANGERS FANS THAN COWBOYS FANS!?!?

Oh, the Rangers have been good recently? Yeah, it makes it easier to care. I know all about that.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Rangers fans and Cowboys fans are basically the same people. Texas fans just bandwagon whichever of their twelve teams that happen to be successful at the moment.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Rangers fans and Cowboys fans are basically the same people. Texas fans just bandwagon whichever of their twelve teams that happen to be successful at the moment.
Hold the phones are you telling me a these faggots that share a parking lot have the audacity to like both of those teams?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK I promise this is the last one of these posts at least until they either break the streak or lock up a 21st season(it's still way too possible=/).

Was just posting on a forum full of people from my old EQ server and made the connection. Pirates losing season streak started in 1993. Everquest came out in March of 1999. Think of how young you were when you started playing EQ. Then tack 6 years on to that.

Fuuuck, I'm old as hell and they've sucked forever.
===================================

OK I promise that was the last one for now. Real talk: Pirates and Cards are beating each other up, meanwhile Cincinnati is hitting their stride and only 3.5 out of first and a half game behind St. Louis. NL Central is gonna be such a clusterfuck down the stretch.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Orioles talk: Jim Johnson is fucking terrible. Or TRBL, if you're Charles Barkley. Either way, he sucks.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Every team is followed by bandwagon fans and I wouldn't even consider the Cowboys a Texas team. Half the country likes them.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Orioles talk: Jim Johnson is fucking terrible. Or TRBL, if you're Charles Barkley. Either way, he sucks.
Completely bummed, he still leads the league in saves, but has 8 or 9 blown saves with a few more losses tacked on throughout the year so far. Between Johnson and Strop's shoddiness earlier in the year, the O's may have been more of a contender for the division right now. The O's can't lead by 4+ runs every game to ensure a lead to give your relievers a few runs up, not feasible.

O's shouldn't have a set reliever, they have O'Day, Hunter, Patton, and Matusz and now KRod that I think could be tossed in the 8th/9th depending who's on deck as they've always done throughout. Why Buck takes KRod out while he's pitching well in the 8th doesn't make sense, let him stay in.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
OK I promise this is the last one of these posts at least until they either break the streak or lock up a 21st season(it's still way too possible=/).

Was just posting on a forum full of people from my old EQ server and made the connection. Pirates losing season streak started in 1993. Everquest came out in March of 1999. Think of how young you were when you started playing EQ. Then tack 6 years on to that.

Fuuuck, I'm old as hell and they've sucked forever.
===================================
As a Royals fan, I WISH that I had that much good fortune that recently.

I'm 36 years old. I was 16 and driving and in high school in 93 when the Pirates were still good. The last time the Royals were in the playoffs, I was in 2nd grade. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

And I don't know how in the hell we lose 2 of 3 to the Marlins, and 2 of 3 to the Astros earlier this year, yet we are 5-3 against the Tigers so far. Goddamnit Royals, beat the shitty teams you are supposed to beat. Doesn't help that we are pretty banged up at the moment with a lot of minor-league callups in the lineup. Against the Marlins, we sent out a lineup that had 4 batters with averages under .210. Thats like having 4 pitchers batting in your lineup. Jesus Christ.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You're 5-3 against the Tigers because they suck playing against anyone in their division. (the fact they swept then Indians the last series was a miracle.)

taebin

Same trailer, different park
So Supertouch, you've reigned in the Ron Washington hate. Hesitant to go down this road because I don't want to get into an argument, but you gotta admit he's done a pretty good job this year. Losing Harrison and Lewis before the season even started, Kinsler, Moreland and Ogando for extended stays on the disabled list, Cruz getting popped for PEDs, Hamilton in the off season. I think he's done a pretty good job keeping this thing afloat.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Twins need to get their heads out of their asses and realize they need to fire everyone they have on their pitching staff. Their coaches are horrible and they need to burn the whole thing down to the ground and rebuild.

Right now their bullpen has more strikeouts than their starting rotation. How does that happen?

Nevermind that everyone gave up on Liriano before giving him the boot. People were calling for the guys head and more than once a friend and I said it was because of their pitching coaches that he was doing bad. Pre injury his rookie season he was phenomenal and after he came back he was okay and slowly got worse and worse. The staff there slowly ruined him. He gets traded twice and ends up with a decent staff and now look at the guy, he's one of the best pitchers in the NL this season.

The whole Twins organization is fucked until they burn their front office staff and pretty much every coaching staff they have to the ground and rebuild from scratch.