MLB 2013 season

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Morales can easily be turned into a draft pick by giving him a qualifying offer this offseason, that is why he wasn't moved. Morse can still easily be moved (no team out of contention is going to bother picking him up off the waiver wire) and his value is likely to increase if he can prove he is healthy.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I think we are gonna see a lot of action again at the Waiver Wire Trade Deadline. Morse will probably be among the assets that get moved to a team gunning for the 2nd WC spot.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Jack Z is trying to save his job by trying to get as close as he can to .500. That's really all there is to it.

this bosox vs. astros game is ridiculous. wright blew it up 1 inning in, the astros were up 5-0 at one point.

but, they are the worst team in the league and the red sox are about to tie it up 7-7 with no outs top 5

edit: already 8-7 red sox. the astros are so bad that its shameful

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Josh Harrison is a total nobody, but he always seems to come through in the clutch when I watch Bucco games. Walk off homer tonight.

68-44, they only need to finish 13-37 to break the streak!!!

Also, holy fuck Atlanta and Detroit, take it easy fellas=P

Playoffs should be awesome this year. I mean, they'll be awesome for me no matter what if the Pirates are playing, but in general I'm loving the teams in the chase.

Boston, Detroit, Oakland and a Tampa vs Texas/Cleveland/Baltimore Wild Card in the AL.

Atlanta, LA, and a clusterfuck of the three NL Central teams in the last three slots in the NL.

tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
this bosox vs. astros game is ridiculous. wright blew it up 1 inning in, the astros were up 5-0 at one point.

but, they are the worst team in the league and the red sox are about to tie it up 7-7 with no outs top 5

edit: already 8-7 red sox. the astros are so bad that its shameful
Sox tied a record with 4 past balls in the first inning, and 1 wild pitch. Weirdest first inning I've ever seen. Hell of a comeback to, even if it was the Astros.

Muurloen

Astros are that bad and I am fine with it. If you arent gonna win, be the best at losing so you can plant the best seeds possible into the farm system.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still amazed how Atlanta has managed to pull this season off. Missing two of their top three relievers most of the year, losing Huddy for the year, Maholm out for a few weeks, and then all of the injuries to the outfield and catchers. An outfield of Jose Constanza, Reed Johnson and Joey Terdoslavich is not what I had envisioned. Although when everyone is in there you get J. Upton hitting four home runs in three months, Uggla hitting his normal .198, Heyward in a prolonged slump (which he's been much better lately)....and B.J. Upton. Fucking B.J. UPTON. I know I'll get to see him strike out looking at least twice a game. He has raised his average to .188, so things are looking up. After typing that up I'm even more baffled. That said the current pitching staff from top to bottom is pretty amazing, and I think the one small move they made to get Downs from LA was good one. At this point I don't think even they can manage to blow this lead.

I do miss all of the Nats fans (not on here per se, just in general) who were talking about the Nats future dynasty before the season started.

Muurloen

But you have the likes of The Freeman, McCann and Oso Blanco carrying your team offensively.

I am curious to see where McCann lands in free-agency this off season.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
LoL, I'm well aware on how long two decades are, I was just saying I understand your pain. Gezz dude.

Couple that with the Lions and I would say any Detroit knows your pain. At least you had a decent football team.
tongue.png
Except, you aren't a Lions fan. You're a two-teaming faggot.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Dude, Detroit is cranking it into over drive. The've won 16 of their last 17 and are on a 12 game win streak. It's pretty exciting stuff to watch for sure.
Sucks that the Royals are the 2nd hottest team in baseball over the last few weeks...and the hottest team is in your division ahead of you.

Nothing like going 9-1 on a 10-game road trip and not picking up any games on the division leader(Detroit)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yep, the 2nd wildcard is definitely the goal, no one in the Central is catching Detroit unless they have multiple pitchers go down injured for a long period of time(or Cabrera), and no one in the AL is probably catching Tampa/Boston for the 1st wildcard spot. Although the Rangers are making a nice push at the moment, they might make things interesting...

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Rangers remaining schedule is much easier than the A's, and their pitching rotation is better now as well.

I don't think the Royals will make it - current win streak withstanding, they have been pretty average and should come back to earth.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I don't like the Royals chances. We have 11 more games against Detroit, 8 of them @Detroit.(although we are 5-3 against them so far this year)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
AL East - Boston
AL Central - Detroit
AL West - Texas

WC1- Tampa Bay
WC2 - Oakland

NL East - Atlanta
NL Central - St. Louis
NL West - Los Angeles

WC1 - Pittsburgh
WC2 - Cincinatti