MLB 2013 season

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
the whole A-Rod thing is turning into a joke. In no other situation can you have a pitcher TRY to hit someone (almost took him in the same knee he just had surgery on), miss....then on the same at bat on a 3-0 count hit the dude on your second attempt and then only get a warning.

It's A-Rod though so it's okay to try and injure him. It's stupid and sends a horrible message.

MLB is doing an awful job with the whole A-Rod thing. They've broken the confidentiality clause in their investigation so many times I wouldn't be surprised to ass A-Rod escape unscathed....and at this point....fucking good.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Pujols out for the rest of the season. Just need Hamilton to tweak a hammy or something and the curse upon the Angels will finally be in full swing. *ba dum tssss*

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Dempster suspended 5 games and an undisclosed amount of money.

what a bunch of bullshit. Shoulda been 15-20 games.

Dempster suspended 5 games and an undisclosed amount of money.

what a bunch of bullshit. Shoulda been 15-20 games.
why? guys intentionally plunk other guys all the time.

with that logic if a batter is accidentally hit by a pitch, then the opposing teams pitcher intentionally hits a batter as payback - that 2nd pitcher should get 15-20 games.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He didn't try to plunk him just the once, he tried to a previous time at the same at bat.

And because he did it with some sort of vigilante mindset and there's no place for that in baseball what so ever.

And yes, by that logic intentionally hitting people should actually carry a real penalty, yes.

He almost hit A-Rod in the knee which he just had surgery on and missed so then he went higher to do so. Fuck Dempster. I don't even like A-Rod but that shit is inexcusable.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well usually 5 games is 1 start but the way they have their rotation set up, he wont end up missing one. The whole suspension is for show and that's it and shows even further that MLB's vendetta against A-Rod outweighs anything else.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
its a standard penalty. I dont think more than standard is warranted. He still loses the $$.
Don't give me that "standard" BS when the stuff they are trying to throw at A-Rod in terms of suspensions is as far from outside of standard as you can get. MLB made sure to make it as light as possible. Undisclosed amount of money? since when is it undisclosed? Pfft whatever.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Don't give me that "standard" BS when the stuff they are trying to throw at A-Rod in terms of suspensions is as far from outside of standard as you can get. MLB made sure to make it as light as possible. Undisclosed amount of money? since when is it undisclosed? Pfft whatever.
A-Rod acted way outside the normal, so having a punishment outside the normal is fine. Pitchers try to bean batters all the time. What makes this instance special and requiring of a punishment beyond what normally happens for trying to bean batters.

This is why the NL is better when the sissy fights like this start. Always better when you get pitchers trying to bean each other. What you should really complain about is the fact the yankees pitcher didn't care enough to retaliate. Pretty weak imo.