MLB 2013 season

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
you're mad
No, quite the opposite actually. I find it funny that Boston of all teams would complain about this then yes.

We've already established you and most Boston fans as being terrible anyways though so no biggie.

These two teams have played 3 amazing games to start the series. This is the question being asked. Who cares. Get the guy out. That being said... The PED violations certainly need more teeth in it. The risk vs reward of taking them is still to tempting. If I'm an off the boat Dominican I'd sure as hell use if it meant a shot at more money I could ever dream of.
Agreed, though there was no actual violation here in terms of testing I agree they need (if they are truly serious about getting the sport 100% clean)to do something more drastic. Problem is with the players union telling them to fuck off about it and MLB not wanting to lose money over something "as small" as PED's then not much will ever get done about it. ARod is only getting thrown to the wolves because he's ARod, not because of anything else.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
It's weird to hear Red Sox players complain about a PED user on another team considering it's well-known that Manny Ramirez and Ortiz used steroids.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Boston is in some serious trouble now, I have a hard time believing the Sox can take 2 out of 3 against Scherzer, Verlander and Sanchez a second time. They only scored 3 runs in the 22 innings those 3 pitched in the first 3 games. And there is no way they're coming back from 7-0 here in game 4.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
And there is no way they're coming back from 7-0 here in game 4.
You must be new to watching Tigers games.

frown.png

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Boston is in some serious trouble now, I have a hard time believing the Sox can take 2 out of 3 against Scherzer, Verlander and Sanchez a second time. They only scored 3 runs in the 22 innings those 3 pitched in the first 3 games. And there is no way they're coming back from 7-0 here in game 4.
cannot take 2 outta 3...well in past week....they have beat all 3 once

sanchez wasn't sharp tonite. neither was lester but lester & the boston bullpen was better.

i want them to close with bucholtz vs scherzer, because i'd probably have a heart attack if it was another duel like they had in game 3 for game 7

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Cards just couldn't get it done the other night. Couple of rallies but the damage was done. Hopefully they will do better when they get home. Looking forward to those games.

nailed it

haha

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Been a great series so far, I figured it would go 7. Even if the Tigers don't pull it out I hope it goes 7. This is just about as good as playoff baseball gets.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Koji was never this good as a setup man for the Rangers - he'd get a lot of strikeouts but he gave up a lot of Homeruns for a reliever, too.

Outside of like Mariano, Nathan, and Kembrel, maybe a couple others - finding a good closer seems to be a huge crapshoot. Some guy who is bad at every other pitching job can turn out to be an amazing closer for a year or three then totally lose it just as fast.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There are probably around 10 solid closers in MLB. And yeah, many seem to have very up and down seasons. Jason Grilli was pretty meh until this season. And he probably won't be good again next year.

Koji was never this good as a setup man for the Rangers - he'd get a lot of strikeouts but he gave up a lot of Homeruns for a reliever, too.

Outside of like Mariano, Nathan, and Kembrel, maybe a couple others - finding a good closer seems to be a huge crapshoot. Some guy who is bad at every other pitching job can turn out to be an amazing closer for a year or three then totally lose it just as fast.
Keith Foulke and Papelbon did fine jobs for the sox

There are probably around 10 solid closers in MLB. And yeah, many seem to have very up and down seasons. Jason Grilli was pretty meh until this season. And he probably won't be good again next year.
must be that special athlete-only diet we've heard so much about

Cybsled

Don't you watch Japanese films/animation? Koji didn't enter his final form until this year with the Red Sox. That's why he suddenly became so dominant.