MLB 2013 season

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
A-Rod acted way outside the normal, so having a punishment outside the normal is fine. Pitchers try to bean batters all the time. What makes this instance special and requiring of a punishment beyond what normally happens for trying to bean batters.

This is why the NL is better when the sissy fights like this start. Always better when you get pitchers trying to bean each other. What you should really complain about is the fact the yankees pitcher didn't care enough to retaliate. Pretty weak imo.
Really? Show me the proof he did anything let alone anything outside the norm.

And anyone who goes out of their way to harm someone let alone do it with a projectile doing 93mph needs to be fined. period.

Neat fact, A-Rod has been hit more times by Red Sox pitches than any other player hit by any other team in baseball. It's bullshit, going out and purposely doing something that could end someones career is stupid, defending it is even more so.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Wait, what? I will agree that MLB is on a bit of a witch hunt for A-Rod, probably encouraged by the Yankees, but come on now. Let's not be naive.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Don't get me wrong, I think A-Rod is guilty. But until there is more proof than from a shady dude with a degree from a fake south american university then fuck MLB's witch hunt.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
No, it's dumb to not realize that the only reason we haven't seen the evidence yet is that it's being kept (mostly) confidential until after an arbitrator rules.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Nothing about this case has been kept confidential, so much stuff has come out at this point that they've broken many confidentiality clauses and on that alone I can see A-rod getting out of any suspension.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
talking about the case itself when it's not supposed to be talked about and giving details on what stage and process they are in which is also against their CBA. I never once said they have released evidence, because they haven't. They can't pick and chose what they want to keep under wraps when they are supposed to be keeping everything under wraps which is one of the reasons MLB has basically had to tell Manfred to stfu.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Didn't you see that interview with his lawyer the other day where Matt Lauer basically got the MLB's consent that the lawyer could say whatever he wanted? As long as MLB could also release all their evidence.

The lawyer then proceeded to mega backtalk. MLB must have a load of evidence.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fucking Mets are systematically taking out Braves players whenever Atlanta visits. First Hudson, now Heyward. He was getting shit done lately too since being moved to leadoff.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Tarrant actually has his own line of PEDs. Maybe he just wants Alex as a customer.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So Ichiro has 4,000 combined hits between here and Japan now. I personally think he should be a first-ballot hall of famer for what he has done here alone, but would be curious to see how other people feel about his potential HoF credentials.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I'm a little torn on it, myself. I obviously love Ichiro, and think he should definitely be a hall of famer, but I don't think Japanese league hits should count the same as MLB hits. The level of competition in Japan is generally accepted to be somewhere between AAA and MLB, so it's tough to know how to weight what someone did in Japan.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm of the same mind, I love me some Ichiro but those hits shouldn't really count in any form of official MLB stat line.

The amount of hits he has in the league though for the time he has been in is impressive in of itself, I wish he would have come over earlier than he did.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
During his prime, he was an otherworldly hitter and a plus-plus defender. People knock him because he doesn't hit a lot of home runs, but that's just not his game. He's famous for being able to crank the hell out of the ball in batting practice.

He should be a hall of famer, definitely. But I suspect the really stupid BBWAA will actively cockblock him from making it on the first ballot.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I read that someone did a backward comparison of what his potential stat lines would have been in the MLB if he had started there and came up nearly on the mark for his current totals. Dude was sick.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
He has more hits than any MLB player in a 13 year span, that's Hall worthy alone. Extrapolate out what he's done in those 13 MLB years to his years in Japan and he's still probably hitting 4k this season.

Sets a good precedent for Yu Darvish - barring injury he could be able to get to 3,000 strikeouts between the 2 leagues.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm shocked that Man0warr would take a discussion about Ichiro and twist it into a topic point about a player on a Texas team.

Shocked I tell you.