MLB 2014 Season Thread

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
After winning 8 in a row and 11 of last 12, the Royals are officially in 1st place. Half a game up on Detroit. Screw the wildcard, let's go ahead and win the division.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Holy fuck I never thought I would be able to type this sentence:

Mariners are leading the 2nd wildcard spot. What is this voodoo shit?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm really glad NFL is so close so I can stop paying attention to this handicapped Reds team.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Goddamn Ned Yost. Just handed away a perfectly winnable game. You don't bring in a reliever with a 7 1/2 ERA in a tie game in the 10th. That guy should only be pitching with a 5+ run lead in mop-up time.

So dumb.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's become painfully clear that he no longer belongs in the majors. Most of his pitches are in the 70s and the only outs he gets are from hitter mistakes. It's not that he is getting unlucky or doesn't have command. This is as good as he is ever going to be for the rest of his career

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Clayton Edward Kershaw

16-3 1.73 era 194 strike outs in 161.1 innings .84 whip. 8 strike outs behind the league leader with 6 games less pitched. In his last start for the first time all season he pitched with the Bases Loaded.

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous

Barring a major meltdown, he's going to win the MVP and Cy Young.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Here are the combined stats for the Royals 7th, 8th, and 9th inning relievers(Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis, Greg Holland)
166.2 inning
209 Strike Outs
1.35 ERA
.99 WHIP

Needless to say, if the Royals can get to the 7th with a lead, the game is over. Davis and Herrera each have 20+ inning scoreless streaks going.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Kershaw has just been unreal. Those stats are insane.

Those KC numbers look like Houston's old rotation of Brad Lidge-Octavio Dotel-Billy Wagner, which was amazing while it lasted.

Houston has shown progress this year (already eclipsing last year's win total) but I am worried that when they finally can field a full major league lineup, outside of Jose Altuve, it's going to be just Rob Deer/Adam Dunn/Dave Kingman up and down the line up. .210 average, 38 homeruns, 200+ strikeouts.