MLB 2014 Season Thread

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Huge prospect watcher here. Red Sox have been the top player development club since the turn of the century, but their current group of middle IF is really amazing.

Mookie Betts, Age21, AA 2b .402/.457/.623 5hr, 15sb. 15bb 9k.) Is perhaps the most statistically dominant pos player I can recall. Excels at everything. Possibly Dustin Pedroia with more speed and power.

Xander Bogearts Age21, MLB SS .268/.379/.357 Top 2 prospect in baseball coming into the year. Will be a perennial all-star once he starts hitting for power.

Deven Marrero Age23 AA, SS .287.380.448 Elite Defender and strong base runner, If he continues to hit should be at least an above average regular SS.

Wendell Rijo Age18 A, SS/2b 326/465/500 20bb, 21k. Youngest player in his league with almost a 1k ops. I imagine he and Marrero will be big trade bait for a young star.

Semi related: Red Sox apparently joining Yanks and others in breaking the international soft cap this year. (Boston apparently is signing the top pitching prospect.) My friend who works for an MLB club says rumour is a hard cap is coming so teams are going "fuck it"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can't just make up a bunch of obviously fake names and pretend they're real people.

Mookie Betts...get the fuck out of here.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
We Steelers fans are living in a glass house when it comes to ridiculous names.

Hines Ward
Plaxico Buress
Yancey Thigpen
Antwaan Randle El

What the fuck is with wide receivers, man?

White Sox are doing okay so far, kind of what I expected for this season to be. However it is great seeing the Cubs fighting it out with the Astros for the worst record.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Hines Ward
Plaxico Buress
Yancey Thigpen
Antwaan Randle El

I thought you were a Denver fan? Or a KC fan? Are you another three team faggot?

Injuries suck. Reds are playing with a AAA squad these days. Votto is slumping a bit and our relief pitching has been dogshit (WHY DO WE KEEP SENDING JJ HOOVER TO THE MOUND?!?!?). At least we're not the Cubs.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yes... Yes... send out LeCure more please, tks. I need him to get me more holds per week.

Also,

php5V1j9Sdownload.gif

Who is that at the plate, rangers fan?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought you were a Denver fan? Or a KC fan? Are you another three team faggot?
Not a Denver fan or KC fan. I'm an Alex Smith fan, because I'm from Utah and a UofU alumnus. I normally root for the Steelers and Pens because my state doesn't have any teams and my mom's half of the family is from Pittsburgh. I'm currently hoping that I can also start rooting for the Pirates (despite the fact that I've been a lifelong Yankees fan) without anyone noticing now that they're actually good at baseball.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pirates were good at baseball last year. They aren't looking good this year. That McCutchen guy is decent though.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The pitching so far this year for the Giants has been stellar. Best record in baseball and we've lost a fair number of 2-1, 3-2 type games. With that said, Vogelsong and Lincecum, man you guys really suck!

Hines Ward
Plaxico Buress
Yancey Thigpen
Antwaan Randle El

there are a lot of absurd names throughout sports. I will never get over Ndamukong Suh though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Also a belated welcome back Chapman.
He even accumulated four strikeouts in one inning! Now Latos needs to come back so Simon can go back to the bullpen and this team will be 60% healthy.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tough break for the Marlins. Fernandez to have TJS. Wieters on the O's may need it as well. I've never seen so many TJS In such a short time. How did guys 30-40 years ago throw 300+ innings a season, and seem to have so few injuries. Most starters today barely make 200 innings, and drop like fly's.