MLB 2014 Season Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Bumgarner and Posey combine to be the first battery to hit grand slams in the same game. It's also Bumgarner's second grand slam of the year. I wish they'd let him hit in the HR derby for shits and giggles.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Baller. If he can get anywhere near Beltre's level of play then the drop off once Adrian leaves/retires/whatever will be minimal.

Season is bad when one of your highlights is a prospect still in AA ball.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Well the major league team is basically sub AAA level plus Darvish and Beltre, not really worth watching most nights.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
He went from 37% down to 26% in the last year, but it shot way up after he got promoted to AA a month ago. I'd give him some more time to adjust to a new level of pitching - same adjustment will be needed when he moves up again.

He'll always be a high K rate guy, but I'd wager he'll be closer to 20% than 50% like he is right now at Frisco.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The Jeter send-off commercial by Nike was great. It was real and heartfelt and respectful. I loved how the Mets players who tipped their caps all had their faces blurred! I laughed for real. =)

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So I didn't watch it, because I haven't watched an all star game since they decided that "it matters". Did they seriously not do any sort of tribute, mention or anything for Tony Gwynn at the all star game? All while slopping all over Jeter's dick?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Jeter send-off commercial by Nike was great. It was real and heartfelt and respectful. I loved how the Mets players who tipped their caps all had their faces blurred! I laughed for real. =)
I thought the commercial and the send off during the game was great. But I agree that no mention of Gwynn (or anyone else that passed like Kiner) is bad. Someone mentioned this morning that what they should do is similar to what the oscars do, pick an inning and do a tribute video for all that passed in the year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jack Zduriencik needs to be fired RIGHT NOW. Literally this instant.
This thread wasn't the same without you. Welcome back.

M's still have a winning record. I don't know what you expect. You're in a division with the two best teams in baseball.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Smart teams don't give up talent, even marginal talent like Pryor, for half a year of a decent but not great player that might give them a slightly better chance of getting to a one-game playoff against one of the best teams in baseball.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I just read Chuck Knoblauch got arrested for beating his wife. Sounds about right.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I just read Chuck Knoblauch got arrested for beating his wife. Sounds about right.
Did anyone ever figure out what happened to him and why he went from superstar 2nd baseman to bad news bears in one season? Like so bad that he couldn't even throw the ball from 2nd to 1st without grossly over throwing it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did anyone ever figure out what happened to him and why he went from superstar 2nd baseman to bad news bears in one season? Like so bad that he couldn't even throw the ball from 2nd to 1st without grossly over throwing it.
rube.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Smart teams don't give up talent, even marginal talent like Pryor, for half a year of a decent but not great player that might give them a slightly better chance of getting to a one-game playoff against one of the best teams in baseball.
GM's who are being strung along on year-to-year deals and are finally sniffing the postseason and perhaps a chance to get another long-term contract do.

(What I am trying to say is if management continues to put GM's in this situation these are the type of moves that are going to result from it. Should have shat or gotten off the pot with Jack Z, you just sit there straining you are bound to end up with hemorrhoids.)