MLB 2015 Season

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nice to see Rios go long today. I really think that he would be having a good season had he not gotten his hand broken. I think he was batting .320 or something before that (albeit with a smaller sample size). Since then he has batted like .220, but around .350 in the last 7 games. Hoping he is going to make a comeback in the second half, they really are going to need him to step up with Gordon out and Perez likely being rested much more often.

Losing that many months in the middle of the season is huge, not to mention the physical aspects of coming off of a broken hand.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
(haven't read the whole thread...)

do any of you guys subscribe to MLB.tv Premium? if so, what do you think of it? baseball is one of the last reasons why our home hasn't cut the cable/satellite cord yet. i'm aware of the local-market blackout with the service, so if i do get it i'm going to spoof my IP address.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like it, but I never spoofed my address so I deal with the blackout. MLB and netflix are the only things I use for television.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I use it, but I don't live in the market that I usually watch so I don't have to spoof much.

On the occasions that I do it's pretty easy to just hook my laptop up and vpn into somewhere else. Right now I can't see any games in Chicago or Cincinnati

The app is great, the streams are all high quality. Besides the retarded blackouts, it's pretty much everything I could want

opiate82

Bronze Squire
(haven't read the whole thread...)

do any of you guys subscribe to MLB.tv Premium? if so, what do you think of it? baseball is one of the last reasons why our home hasn't cut the cable/satellite cord yet. i'm aware of the local-market blackout with the service, so if i do get it i'm going to spoof my IP address.
I use it on my Roku to watch Giants games and it works amazing (not spoofing). We've spoofed on the computer to watch Mariners games and through the VPN it is pretty hit-or-miss but that may be our use of the VPN and not indicative of the service in general when spoofing.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That sounds like three affirmative endorsements, so I think i'm going to go for it.

Roku with Unlocator is my plan. I *might* live far enough away from Detroit that my Tigers games aren't blackedout, but I'm pretty sure they will be. I can even get a student discount when I sign up for MLB.tv.... going to be so much cheaper to do it this way.

thanks guys.

Generol_sl

shitlord
Greinke extended scoreless inning streak to 43.2/3 today. He is a damn machine right now and incredibly dialed in. I always thought that record wouldn't even come close to being touched but... shit.

Hathe

Greinke extended scoreless inning streak to 43.2/3 today. He is a damn machine right now and incredibly dialed in. I always thought that record wouldn't even come close to being touched but... shit.
Going to watch Grienke's next game, what a beast.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Still a long way to 59, but yeah it is insane. Both him and scherzer pitched great today

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
White sox have such a classy guy with their announcer

White Sox announcer Ed Farmer is not a fan of the Royals - Royals Review

His comments were pretty fucking moronic.

Since when is trying to drop a bunt considered a situation where the pitcher should intentionally throw at the player? Taking into account his history (broke one jaw and fractured one wrist in a single game when he was a pitcher), this dude has no business being associated with baseball anymore

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Apparently word is out now that Walt Jocketty is fielding offers on everyone. Rumors have Cueto, Leake, Bruce, Chapman, and maybe even some other relievers as prime trade target. Most have already been scouted by other teams. Royals, Orioles, Angels, Yankees. All rumored to be a part of the fire sale. The Reds are either going to be good again in a couple years or terrible for a long time.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There's no way any other team will take on Joey Votto's contract. Both Votto and Brandon Phillips are probably sticking around.

EDIT: Dat Dude. Dat Defense.

SqQXLhm.gif

Profundis

That play was insane.

Newest rumor is that the Tigers will make David Price and Yoenis Cespedes available.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'll take both of them in a heart beat. Appel, Kemp, and Salazar would be pretty enticing for the Tigers.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Guess Detroit is throwing in the towel for this season? I still think they could get hot and get a wildcard spot. both are free agents next year so it doesn't hurt them past this season, but still. They are right around .500, that's not a terrible place to make a run from

In other news, Yordano Ventura sent down to the minors. Started out as the royals #1 pitcher this year. It definitely needed to happen, he needs a half season to work on his command if he is going to make it at the MLB level.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tigers have the 4th highest total payroll of any team in the MLB. unless they start kicking a lot of ass in the next week or whatever, they're going to just cut their losses this year and try to pick up some cheaper talent for next year.