MLB 2015 Season

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I still find it amazing at how low of a price the Tigers paid to get David Price in thefirst place.

"July 31, 2014: Traded as part of a 3-team trade by the Tampa Bay Rays to the Detroit Tigers. The Detroit Tigers sent Austin Jackson to the Seattle Mariners. The Detroit Tigers sent Willy Adames (minors) and Drew Smyly to the Tampa Bay Rays. The Seattle Mariners sent Nick Franklin to the Tampa Bay Rays."

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I love all the mis-information going around right now. I was on Yahoo, and saw two headlines within 5 posts of each other:

Rangers "clear-cut, favorite" to land Cole Hamels
Rangers-Phillies "nowhere close" to Cole Hamels deal

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Mets agree to acquire Carlos Gomezfrom MIL for Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores. The deal is done pending physicals, so don't expect an official announcement to take place until Thursday. Gomez returns to the organization where he began his big league career as a 21-year-old in 2007.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Rangers land Hamels, and its is a huge haul for the Phillies (that no-hitter could end up being one of the biggest things that happen to the Phils down the road). Also a very necessary trade for the Rangers, they can't wait 3-4 years while Fielder & Darvish age.

Also looks like Astros may swing a pitching trade from the Phillies. Upton is warming up, imagine he ends up with Orioles.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Rangers didn't have to give up their top 3 prospects, Gallo/Mazara/Tate (2 of them being in the top 6 of all of baseball) and got rid of Harrison's back and his $30 million contract - so win win win.

Hathe

We did lose our prospect catcher, though. But we need quality pitching so bad it hurts. Rangers giving up 21 runs yesterday really shows what's going on. We rushed Perez from his Tommy John rehab, he really needs to stay in AAA to regain his command.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It would not surprise me one bit if JD goes out and steals away Gomez now that the Brewers-Mets trade has fallen through.

This future Price trade is going to get really interesting, there will be some interesting MLB ready talent moved around. Definitely could see the Tigers getting back an MLB ready 3-5 SP.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
We did lose our prospect catcher, though. But we need quality pitching so bad it hurts. Rangers giving up 21 runs yesterday really shows what's going on. We rushed Perez from his Tommy John rehab, he really needs to stay in AAA to regain his command.
Alfaro has a bad injury right now though, and he's been struggling with striking out.

Biggest loss is probably Thompson.

Both Perez and Darvish are gonna need 6 months (full season) to get their command back to what it was pre-TJ, but that happens to almost all TJ surgeries.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I wasn't onboard with the trade until I found out Hamels still has time left on his contract.

Sad to see Harrison go but he hasn't been the same since the back surgeries.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, gotta say I'm pretty impressed with Tulo after his first game for the Jays. 3 for 5 with a homer, two doubles, 3 RBI and 3 runs scored, all of this while starting in the leadoff position for the first time in his career.

However, even with him, we still need a pitcher or two to get us over the hump and into the playoffs. I can at least say the Jays are usually fun to watch, not too many 1-0 games this year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Why the fuck are the Reds not making moves? I guess winning the series in STL leads Walt to thinking there's still a chance...

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Blue Jays are completely in. They traded their top prospect in Norris for Price, they gave up a ton for a potential rental.

Now that Hamels & Price are off the board, the Reds should start entertaining offers for Leake etc.

Profundis

This Dodgers/Marlins/Braves deal is about done, it looks like:

The Dodgers, Marlins and Braves have reportedly swung what appears to be one of the most complex three-team trades in recent history. The ?basic? structure of the deal (though there?s nothing basic about this move) is as follows: the Dodgers will receive right-hander Mat Latos and first baseman Michael Morse from the Marlins. They?ll also add top prospect Jose Peraza and pitchers Alex Wood, Jim Johnson and Luis Avilan from the Braves. Atlanta, in turn, will receive Cuban infielder Hector Olivera, lefty Paco Rodriguez and minor leaguer Zachary Bird from the Dodgers. The Braves are also picking up Miami?s Competitive Balance Round A pick in next year?s draft (No. 35 overall). The Marlins will come out of this deal with three minor league pitchers ? Kevin Guzman, Jeff Brigham and Victor Araujo ? plus the financial relief of shedding the remaining $14.3MM that is owed to Latos and Morse.

The Dodgers are also getting Bronson Arroyo's contract.

Sterling

El Presidente
Blue Jays are in a strange spot. They have the highest run differential in the AL and are 51-51. They score almost exactly a run a game more than their opponents and are .500. Would not have minded the Yankees going after a SP but they've gotten a lot better about selling the whole farm to get 1 player these days so it's probably good that they didn't go hard after anyone. Also the Red Sox being 14 back is excellent. Almost like things in baseball are as they should be.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bye bye Ackley.. And I just bought your jesey too
frown.png