MLB 2015 Season

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle reports that there will be "four or five" prospects heading back to the Brewers in the deal

Profundis

Fuuuuuck...was hoping it wouldn't be Phillips.

The Brewers will receive outfield prospects Brett Phillips and Domingo Santana, right-hander Adrian Houser and lefty Josh Hader, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter). Heyman adds that the medicals in this deal have already been approved, so Gomez's hip is clearly not a concern for the Astros.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'm fine with Brett Phillips going. I am curious to see what it does to the OF. My guess is that Marisnick gets pushed out in playing time OR Gomez is moved to left, and Tucker goes into a platoon DH role with Gattis. Gattis will still play everyday as he will man 1b if he isnt DH'ing.

Profundis

I would assume Marisnick would be the odd man out, but man, Springer can't get healthy fast enough.

Would be nice if Lowrie could keep up his pre-injury .999 OPS, but I'm a little skeptical...

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watched the Mets-Padres game earlier, it was incredibly entertaining. Maybe the Justin Upton GW HR was a sign from God. "You fucking retards, trade for a bat. Oh look, Upton is available!"

That Dodgers trade was really nice from an asset stand point. That being said SP depth pieces won't help much in the playoffs. Astros gave up quite a bit for Gomez & Fiers, but good for them making a run for it.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm pretty surprised about the Jays making that move for Price. In the past the GM has stated he won't trade prospects for short term rentals. Guess he changed his mind there! I'm also pretty excited, as was mentioned the Jays record and run differential don't really line up as one would expect for a .500 team, and adding Price will help in that regard. I still can't even say I'm confident they will make the playoffs though. Time will tell. One thing I can say for sure, I would not want to face the Jays in a one game playoff like the wildcard game. Facing Price and the murderers row we have in our top 5 spots in the lineup is a nightmare for the opponents.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anthrapolus is on the hot seat up there in Toronto, so he had to do something. Also, Hamels nixed a Houston deal that was apparently better than the Rangers package. He cited family reasons.

C'mon Cashman, do not fucking trade Mateo. Go get a Capps for cheaper, or something.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Six minutes. Let's go, Reds. I expect Bruce or Chapman or both to be gone before the deadline.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Besides Cespedes, a really surprising, quiet deadline. Guess this off-season will be fairly busy on the trade fronts due to this, definitely not lacked an obvious fire sale or two. In the same return I get why Preller held on to some of those names, that fan base finally has some exciting players to go see, unfortunately for them it hasn't quite turned in to wins. August will bring waivers moves as well, but complimentary.

Blue Jays, Astros, Royals, and Giants really helped themselves with very necessary moves. Think Rangers did as well, although you won't really see the payoff until next year.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Blue Jays set themselves up really nicely for a run. I think they can beat any team in a 5 or 7 game series with their crazy bats and the addition of price

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I've watched the last few Blue Jays games, and as a Yanks fan I must admit that line up is a ton of fun to watch play.

Tex & A-Rod renaissance continues, all is right in the baseball universe.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The Blue Jays lineup is scary. I want no part of playing them in the postseason.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
That's why Volquez went headhunting for Donaldson. He tried talking him out just like Springer, and attempted to do the same on Altuve & Correa.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That's why Volquez went headhunting for Donaldson. He tried talking him out just like Springer, and attempted to do the same on Altuve & Correa.
I'm all for beefing in baseball, think modern day sports lacks some good ol' hatred for rivals... But the Royals are getting a little out of hand with their head hunting.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Blue Jays lineup is scary. I want no part of playing them in the postseason.
Tulowitzki is hitting .353/.476/.653 since arriving in Toronto and Price had 8.0 IP with 11 Ks and 1 ER today. AA is looking pretty clever right now, all they have to do is actually make the playoffs now. The AL wildcard is wide open and catching the Yankees isn't out of the question, but they won't just hand it to us I'm pretty sure. It sure is fun to watch some meaningful baseball at this time of the year for the first time in a long time.

I was 12 when Joe Carter hit the walk off home run in Game 6 against Mitch Williams to win the series, and I've been hooked on baseball and the Jays ever since. I'll never forget that moment for my entire life. Sure would be nice to see some playoff games for the first time since 1993.

Profundis

I'm all for beefing in baseball, think modern day sports lacks some good ol' hatred for rivals... But the Royals are getting a little out of hand with their head hunting.
Maybe they can have a series with Arizona and they can see who plays the game "the right way" and just bean each other to death.