MLB 2015 Season

Generol_sl

shitlord
Bagwell made a big jump this year so I am thinking he is in next year.

I don't know if Raines will get in. Outside of the stolen bases he really doesn't have much going for him as his OBP is fairly low for a leadoff hitter and he only hit over .300 in 6/23 seasons which is not exactly Hall material. It will be interesting to see what happens with him next year as he has stayed pretty stagnant in terms of his percentage range.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Alex Gordon reported to have resigned with royals for 4 years at $72M.

$18M/yr seems kinda steep, guess we will see what the rest of the outfield market ends up at though.
I definitely feel a lot better about our outfield with that re-signing. I wasn't looking forward to Orlando and Dyson BOTH starting in the outfield next year. Using both of them to platoon RF though is just fine. our RF has sucked for quite a while. Rios wasn't anything special, Aoki was ok but not great, Francoeur was a debacle before that.

Dyson/Orlando is a defensive upgrade over all of those guys, and not really much of an offensive dropoff if any. With Gordon returning and Cain still there, I think our outfield is better next year(barring injury) than it has been in any of the last 4-5 years.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Bagwell made a big jump this year so I am thinking he is in next year.

I don't know if Raines will get in. Outside of the stolen bases he really doesn't have much going for him as his OBP is fairly low for a leadoff hitter and he only hit over .300 in 6/23 seasons which is not exactly Hall material. It will be interesting to see what happens with him next year as he has stayed pretty stagnant in terms of his percentage range.
They're making a massive purge of voters who haven't covered the game in 10 years. A lot of people left voting will never have seen Raines play or at least in his day.

Brad Ausmus got elimitated with 0% on his first ballot. At least Billy Wagner got 10%.

Complete ballot and those who got eliminated in their first year.

2016 Hall of Fame Voting | Baseball-Reference.com

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jim Edmonds kinda got the shaft. I don't know if he's HOF worthy or just Hall of Really, Really Good but goddamn did I hate to see him when Houston played the Cardinals.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I definitely feel a lot better about our outfield with that re-signing. I wasn't looking forward to Orlando and Dyson BOTH starting in the outfield next year. Using both of them to platoon RF though is just fine. our RF has sucked for quite a while. Rios wasn't anything special, Aoki was ok but not great, Francoeur was a debacle before that.

Dyson/Orlando is a defensive upgrade over all of those guys, and not really much of an offensive dropoff if any. With Gordon returning and Cain still there, I think our outfield is better next year(barring injury) than it has been in any of the last 4-5 years.
Yeah, the biggest drop off next year will be at second

The good thing about Gordon's contract is how backloaded it is. Realistically the royals have another couple years of contention and this gives them a bit more room while they do

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, this signing is definitely the end of Pagan in the Giants' future plans.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Jim Edmonds kinda got the shaft. I don't know if he's HOF worthy or just Hall of Really, Really Good but goddamn did I hate to see him when Houston played the Cardinals.
From Stark: complete list of outfielders in history with eight Gold Gloves and a .900 career OPS: Willie Mays, Bonds, Griffey and Edmonds.

I also don't get how Wagner gets 10% and Hoffman gets 67%. Wagner was the better pitcher, in my mind, he just didn't have quite the longevity or save stats as Hoffman.

Sterling

El Presidente
From Stark: complete list of outfielders in history with eight Gold Gloves and a .900 career OPS: Willie Mays, Bonds, Griffey and Edmonds.

I also don't get how Wagner gets 10% and Hoffman gets 67%. Wagner was the better pitcher, in my mind, he just didn't have quite the longevity or save stats as Hoffman.
Always felt that Saves are one of the most overrated stats in Baseball. Saves are not why Rivera was awesome.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's kinda surprising Upton & Cespedes' market has fallen like it has. Think it would almost be smart at this stage to take a 1yr and re-enter next year when the overall FA pool is just not good. Teams are already preparing for 2018 and its showing.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don't understand signing Kennedy for that length and for that much money. He's not really an upgrade

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, I am ready for some baseball. Still holding out hope for a phantom Gardner & prospect for a #2-3 starter. Hopefully the Marlins are just god-awful this year and decide to panic and offload Fernandez. I'm rambling, I am ready for baseball...

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Forgot where I saw this, probably fangraphs. (yeptime stamp 12:58)

HVwHMjr.jpg

If mlb were to expand, I could agree with this. I would also scratch off Brooklyn and add Montreal. This would also spell the end of the DH being AL only. Thoughts?

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Forgot where I saw this, probably fangraphs. (yeptime stamp 12:58)

HVwHMjr.jpg

If mlb were to expand, I could agree with this. I would also scratch off Brooklyn and add Montreal. This would also spell the end of the DH being AL only. Thoughts?
Talk about a huge advantage for that New York division. Outside the Boston trips, that's what like 20 minutes travel time for three teams? 100 out of your 162 games would essentially be in your hometown.

Would be really cool to see, but no way some of those owners would go for it.

As for the DH in both leagues, it's just a matter of time before it's pushed through. Less than 5 years I bet.