MLB 2015 Season

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yep. They are following the Royals bullpen formula.
It is amazing how many games you can win with an average offense, an average starting rotation, but a phenomenal bullpen(Royals). At that point you have 9 innings to score when the opposing team only really has 6. That's an incredible advantage.

Then again, trying to put together an all-time great bullpen is a bit of a crapshoot, relievers can vary so drastically from year to year. Very few stay dominant for long.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bettances/Miller/Chapman. Going to be rough getting wins at that place if they have the lead after 6.
They were already something ridiculous like 59-2 after 6 innings. Getting a lead before 6 was a much bigger problem than holding it, which makes this move a little bit puzzling.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were already something ridiculous like 59-2 after 6 innings. Getting a lead before 6 was a much bigger problem than holding it, which makes this move a little bit puzzling.
Isn't Chapman a free agent after the season? Also Yanks didn't even give up a front line prospect, bought very low. Seems like a no brainer from the Yankees standpoint unless this turns into a Ray Rice scenario.

Edit If Chapman is suspended 40 games his free agency would be pushed back a year.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This definitely opens back up the idea of Miller getting moved in a package for a starting pitcher. Still a lot of teams with CP/OF needs. Could see a Miller & Judge package for Carrasco from CLE, or move Miller for a pretty nice 4 prospect package similar to what PHI & the Braves got for Giles & Kimbrel respectively. Win-win regardless, it will be a blast seeing Chapman pitch after his 25-40 game suspension in the Bronx.

Ps. Still completely pisses me off that Hal let Boston get Moncada. Stupid fucking move.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hall of fame class announced Wed. I kind of wish Tim Raines would get in on his last ballot, but he won't.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Article as of this afternoon has him on 80% of the public ballots. He has a shot so does Bagwell and Piazza.

The Griffey count should be amazing. 143 of 143 public ballots have him including a notorious dick that tbis year had only Griffey on his ballot this year. Seaver missed by 5 votes. This could be the year. If not we need a Warren commission on the holdout(s) and perform a public beatdown.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
As of 345pm. Griffey 100% 169 out of 169 public votes. You know there is some old salty bastard that doesn't believe in voting anyone in first year will leave him off.

Bagwell at 79.3 so he's got a 50/50 chance at this point.
Piazza at 85.8 so barring a late collapse with the votes that haven't been made public he's in.
Raines at 77.5; another toss up like Bagwell.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Alex Gordon reported to have resigned with royals for 4 years at $72M.

$18M/yr seems kinda steep, guess we will see what the rest of the outfield market ends up at though.

Profundis

As of 345pm. Griffey 100% 169 out of 169 public votes. You know there is some old salty bastard that doesn't believe in voting anyone in first year will leave him off.

Bagwell at 79.3 so he's got a 50/50 chance at this point.
Piazza at 85.8 so barring a late collapse with the votes that haven't been made public he's in.
Raines at 77.5; another toss up like Bagwell.
One of those old salty bastards (Murray Chass) sent in his ballot with only Griffey checked. His ballot last year was Maddux, Glavine and Jack Morris.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
ahahahaha, 3 asshats left Griffey off their ballots. BBWAA shows what a bunch of incompetent schmucks they are yet again.

Bet you those 3 asshats can't wait to make the talk radio circuit to defend their omission of Griffey on their ballots and all the publicity it will get them.

Profundis

It's encouraging that Bagwell jumped 15%, but it still sucks.

Next year's ballot is headlined by Manny Ramirez, Vlad Guerrero, and Pudge Rodriguez.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think that was his last ballot he could be on. I may be mistaken but I thought I read that.