MLB 2015 Season

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Stove is warming up, thank god. Season is about to get interesting.

- Price to the Dodgers
- Hamels to the Rangers
- Cueto & Haren to the Blue Jays (cause its a very Toronto thing to do)
- Leake to the Royals
- Latos to the Cubs
- Chapman to the Yankees

Some trade predictions (they should all be wrong).
I sincerely hope the Jays don't make a move for Cueto. They don't have a team that can make a deep playoff run, even with him, and it would be a 4 month rental at best, no way he re-signs in Toronto.

But sadly you're right, it would be a very Toronto thing to do.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's cool that Greinke will be there for the birth of his child, but man, talk about terrible timing. That shit-ass Mets lineup is about the closest thing to a guaranteed shutout outside of Philly.

So now the Mets will score 15 runs tonight.

EDIT: Never mind, I guess he plans to pitch this weekend.

Generol_sl

shitlord
It's cool that Greinke will be there for the birth of his child, but man, talk about terrible timing. That shit-ass Mets lineup is about the closest thing to a guaranteed shutout outside of Philly.

So now the Mets will score 15 runs tonight.

EDIT: Never mind, I guess he plans to pitch this weekend.
Yeah it looks like it will be the Mets on Sunday and Phillies on August 4 to get him beyond the mark depending on how Mattingly plays it with leaving him in if shit begins to look shaky or just rolls the dice and runs it until it pops.

He really couldn't have asked for two better teams to face. Also the birth of his son allows him to bypass the Angels who have been smoking the ball.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, he's very wrong. There are so many world renowned universities in the Dominican Republic. They are hailed for their education system.

Sterling

El Presidente
What he should have mentioned was how the players out of the Dominican are often Miraculously 2 or 3 Years younger than their actual date of birth! That's impressive.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Massive PC curtain in Bristol....

Also gonna add Gallardo to the Dodgers in that list. Sounds like Dodgers are all in on acquiring two pitchers, and it seems like a given that Gallardo will be moved from Texas since there is no interest in an extension with the club.

Profundis

Royals nearly acquired Johnny Cueto; deal fell through

The deal with the Royals was apparently close enough that Reds pitcher Michael Lorenzen had been warming up before the game, prepared to take Cueto?s place. Cueto was not happy, later telling reporters, ?I don?t want to use a bad word in this location, but it was really bad how I found out what happen.?

SUNDAY, 10:38am: The Royals remain ?hopeful? they can revive the Cueto deal with the Reds, sources tell Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Any idea how to get live stream of the induction today? I really wanted to watch Biggio go in. I had a meal with him and Bagwell twice in the middle of nowhere Cotulla TX twice.

Don't have the MLB channel here.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
You may try vipleague.se Bor, their baseball streams usually stream off mlb.tv. Tons of ads though, so be prepared.

Royals ponied up for Cueto, good for them. Looks like the Jays are in on Fiers, and Rangers are favorites to land Hamels. Could see Gallardo landing with the Dodgers if they grab Hamels.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it and it didn't have it/wasn't available.

My fault for visiting my parents this weekend.

Profundis

And it's over. Greinke gives up a run. Still, 45 2/3 scoreless innings is real fucking impressive.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Cueto is officially a Royal. Was just announced on-air during the Royals game. Royals VP confirmed it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Royals give up John lamb, Brandon Finnegan, and cody reed for Cueto and cash considerations

They better win this year because their pitching is going to be shit for the next 5 years

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Rockies have put up 17 against the Reds and it's only the seventh inning. Yikes.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This year has been really entertaining so far. Good assortment of hitters & pitchers are having just phenomenal years. Parity in baseball is at an all-time great. Young talent everywhere, and the trade deadline should even get more exciting. Trout at 23... 23 was obviously Mickey Mantle in his previous life, and A-Rod is having one of the greatest old seasons ever.

October is going to be fun.

"This is the sixth time that a no-hitter and three-homer game happened in the same day. It's the second time this season. Chris Heston's no-hitter came on the same day that Joey Votto hit three home runs in a game.

It's the first time that this combination has happened twice in the same season."
perAlex Rodriguez nearing a couple of 3-HR records - Stats & Info - ESPN