MLB 2017

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Hawk Harrelson hates Joe West. The rants he goes on when West umpires Sox games is always entertaining.

Ozzie Guillen wasn't a fan after that game either.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
<3 Hawk. The guy is never afraid to say what is on his mind. We should have never gotten rid of Ozzie either. Dude isn't afraid of speaking his mind. Thank god the soft-talker Ventura era is over.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Reds suck but Votto is awesome. In his current 15-game hit streak his slash line is .478/.625/.870. That's decent. 1.495 OPS.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
^ That's insane. Dude is such an incredible hitter.

Ugh, this Yankees offense is offensive... Now that Judge isn't Babe Ruth (and in fairness to him, pitchers now are throwing everything off the plate and being insanely selective) & Hicks isn't just murdering it, this team really, really lacks offensively. Fucking cracks me up to see other Yankees' fans not want Bryce Harper down the road because, "He's a disgrace to the team." Yeah, sure. Really disgraceful to have a 1.036 OPS.

Stanton hit his 39th tonight. Looks like we are going to have another 50 HR season.

edit: A reminder that Mike Trout is good: .347/.468/.710 - 1.178 OPS 13 SB's in 70 games. If he played his full, regular season average of 158 games he would be on pace for 50+ HR & a 12 fWAR season.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Mike Trout might be the best baseball player I've ever seen. He does it all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Mike Trout might be the best baseball player I've ever seen. He does it all.
Yeah, he's amazing. And you have Harper and Kershaw doing what they do. Some real fantastic shit happening in MLB.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, every time I catch a Reds game and Votto is up to bat, I am shocked if he doesn't get on base. Those hitters are extremely rare. Also the way he chokes up on the bat now. Crazy.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Badass video, would be crazy for VR.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
That vidya was so good it inspired me to make an Augmented Reality baseball thing where some pitcher throws balls at you.

First test build

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That vidya was so good it inspired me to make an Augmented Reality baseball thing where some pitcher throws balls at you.

First test build

Ah shit, that's pretty dope.

And yeah, that Japanese dude was throwing some electric stuff. Forgot to look that guy up and check him out.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I know all I do is post about Votto, but in a lost year for the Reds it's easy to forget about him. He's just having a phenomenal season - probably his best ever. At 33 years old. Actually makes watching a bad team fun.

Reds' Joey Votto closes in on MVP Award

Yeah, having Harper go down is gonna make the MVP race interesting. Goldschmidt is probably the front runner. Stanton & Votto are in the running but the bad teams won't help. Stanton's pursuit of 60 could certainly help him, we all still love the long ball. Also as great as Arenado is, Blackmon has to be the MVP of that team this year. His year is quite a bit better than Arenado's.

In the AL, it's probably Altuve's. That being said, Trout is making massive headway. That dude is so fucking good. He's gonna end up with 120 games played and 30+ HR with that insane slugging added on that OBP. Judge's slump has cost him an MVP. Still a super impressive year. He'll probably finish at about 6.5 fWAR this year and close to 45 HRs as a Rookie. That's ultra impressive. I fully expect Judge to be one of baseball's Top 10-15 players for the next 10 years. Slumps happen.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I agree that it will probably be Goldy in the NL. No problem with it. I think it should go to a team in contention and not a loser. Which makes it tough in the AL because I would probably vote for Trout damn near every year because he's just so damn good.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that sucks. 9 innings, and what appears to be one of the better teams of all-time can't get you a single run..