MLB 2017

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I blame Roberts. The lineup yesterday was trash. Logan Forsythe sucks, why not put Turner in once you realize what's happening? Putting him out there in the 10th inning like you'd let him pitch the 11th was kind of head scratching as well.

Bummer of a game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Stanton's 18th HR of Aug. makes for 51 on year

So Stanton has... 51 Home Runs... I repeat, 51 fucking home runs and it's not September! 18 HR's in August (Sosa had 20 in June of '98 for the record). This is fucking crazy. He is probably going to finish in the 60's, in what we expect to be a non-PED performance. Ultra-impressive. It's such a shame this is happening in Miami, such a damn shame he isn't on a better team.

Incredibly curious to see what this new Jeter-led ownership group does with him this off-season. That contract is very large, and if they move him they are going to get an absolute ransom. Shit, I wouldn't be completely opposed to the Yankees moving a boat load for him. Although I think waiting an extra year for Harper, and keeping the prospects is a better idea.

Giancarlo is a fucking grown ass man. Not to mention, he plays in a fucking massive ballpark. If this dude played in Fenway? Lol

Here's a really well thought out quote from a user over at Fangraphs in reference to his chance at 74 HR:
I think that as we look at baseball as a whole, that each of the record/outlier seasons (Ruth, Maris, McGwire, Bonds) tell a story of where baseball was and what made it both beautiful and flawed. Seeing Stanton get 62, I think, would be another tent pole in baseball’s story that would give fans a reason to argue and debate and marvel and tall about this season for years to come. Even if it isn’t 74, it’ll feel like it has that weight and significance to a lot of folks, and the story will be one worth remembering and telling. Here’s hoping he can get it!

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Stanton doesn't consider Bonds to have the record. Which is kind of funny consodering Bonds helped him with his swing. Thats why he said is goal is 62. He wants to beat Maris.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So many players putting up excellent seasons this year. Almost every team has at least one dude being a badass. Except for the A's. Poor A's.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
God damn. Dodgers are on a serious down swing right now. Looking like 5 losses in a row.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Angels acquired Justin Upton today, and it looks like Justin Verlander is on the move before the deadline tonight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Philips & Upton to the Angels, somehow that team may actually make the playoffs...

Verlander to the Astros.

By the way, Byron Buxton after the All-Star break is hitting .327/.362/.626. I wonder if he has finally put it together. If he can manage to put up even just a .800 OPS over the course of a season, with his speed & defense, he's one of the best players in the game. Even faster than Hamilton.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So this Cleveland window company said if the Tribe pulled off 15 wins in a row everyone who bought windows in July would get them for free. Time to pony up!

With a Tribe Win Tonight, Local Window Company Owes Full Refunds to 250+ Customers as Part of Promotion
The guy took out a $75k insurance policy though. He said he has already paid it, so he is hoping for them to win tonight and the insurance company has to pay out.

Edit: And GOD DAMN! The Dodgers suddenly fucking suck. Lost 10 of 11, and are already losing tonight WITH Kershaw starting.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The ending of this years' Tribe team is looking a whole lot like last years' team. Two, multiple potential big differences though: Carrasco is healthy, Encarnacion's power, and OF production (boost of Jackson & Brantley should be ready for playoffs). They have to be the favorites currently, with the Dodgers forgetting how to play baseball (surprisingly).

Also, this Dodgers meltdown really shows how incredibly important Seager is to that squad. I think he is right at a Top 10 position player in the league. Kinda looks like the reincarnation of Ripken, maybe aside from some DL stints.

Last edited:

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Tribe rotation pitchers are freakishly good right now. Prior to the All Star break they had the highest ERA in the AL at 5.15, and now they have the lowest in the league at 1.69. I hope Kluber gets the Cy Young. My only concern is our bullpen I hope Andrew Miller comes back healthy.

Last edited: