MLB 2017

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, let's see, a skilled player who is often lazy and doesn't take care of himself gets a huge guaranteed contract.... yeah, the ending kind of writes itself there.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Who wouldnt want to pay this millions of dollars?

davis_st221-8_spts.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yanks & White Sox nearing huge deal: Yankees Nearing Deal To Acquire Todd Frazier, David Robertson, Tommy Kahnle

About an hour before this it was reported that Boston was about to land Frazier & Robertson. The Rivalry is back on.

Yanks are moving Blake Rutherford (#3 prospect, usually regarded as Top 50ish overall) & Ian Clarkin (injury prone, #17 prospect). Rutherford hurts to move, I think he is going to be a stud, but with Judge locking up a spot and Frazier nearing that, they are going to keep an OF spot open for Harper. In return for a better prospect the White Sox are going to take back Tyler Clippard and his contract. Yankees will go the Royals "Super Bullpen" route to try and win. The main get in the deal is Kahnle who has been dominant for a year & a half and has tons of control. Robertson-Kahnle-Betances-Chapman on paper is a super bullpen. Frazier will probably take over at 1B and be a decent upgrade.

Rick Hahn & the White Sox have just been killing it during this fire sale. That system is just loaded now, has to be the best in baseball now.

Muurloen

Enjoy your high price three true outcome player Yanks. You already had one this season by the name of Chris Carter, but you DFA'd him.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Christ, that ball Aaron Judge hit tonight. Almost entirely out of Safeco Field. Statcast couldn't track it.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Christ, that ball Aaron Judge hit tonight. Almost entirely out of Safeco Field. Statcast couldn't track it.

I haven't seen it but a Seattle area sportswriter was talking about a murder being investigated at Safeco and the suspect was Judge lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lol tigers.

Hosmer had a big night, 5 hits, 6 RBIs with a grand slam. Plus we got to see Romine pitch again.

Oh and fuck Rondon. Hope he sees a hefty suspension and then gets cut.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Beltre ejected for moving the on deck circle. Umps get way too butt hurt, take a joke.

Moncada & Devers with their first career HR's Tonight. Luis Severino continues to absolutely dominate. He'd have a shot at a Cy Young in the AL if it weren't for Sale just being all-universe.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Beltre ejected for moving the on deck circle. Umps get way too butt hurt, take a joke.

Moncada & Devers with their first career HR's Tonight. Luis Severino continues to absolutely dominate. He'd have a shot at a Cy Young in the AL if it weren't for Sale just being all-universe.

I was at that game. Next batter was intentionally standing just outside of the circle while he practiced too, Elvis I think? Looked like a goofball and was looking at the ump for all of it. Too fucking drunk to remember who it was for sure, but half the stadium was booing and the other half was laughing at how stupid it all was. The umpire decided not to say anything to him though. Definitely one of the strangest moment I've had in a game.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Tanaka with 8 IP, 1 ER, 14 K's, 2 H tonight agains the Rays. He has a 3.09 ERA in his last 6 starts (started with a 6.00+ ERA in his first 14). Curious to see if he has legitimately turned it around. If he is back to old form a Severino-Tanaka 1-2 punch is very, very solid.

Still think Darvish ends up with the Dodgers, and Gray with the Yankees.

Muurloen

Jesus the last 48 hours has been insane.

This is easily my favorite day of the year.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking love the trade deadline. Was shocked to see that Darvish deal come through, and get reported so late afterwards. Think Cashman did another very solid job. Dodgers obviously helped themselves among others. Kinda surprised that a deal didn't come to fruition for Zach Britton. Should be a great end of the year, so damn ready to head towards the playoffs.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Phils won't honor Rose after recent allegations

Woman coming forward saying she had a sexual relationship with Pete Rose at the age of 15... Rose agreed it was best not to attend Alumni Weekend or whatever.

Gonna give the guy due process, but I have never been on the "Defend Pete Rose" bandwagon. Dude has always come off as a shit head to me. He is so fucking annoying to hear yap on an otherwise, nearly perfect postseason coverage team Fox has.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wouldn't be surprised. He comes off as a bit of a sleezebag. But as a native Cincinnatian, I still love the guy.