MLB 2017

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
^
Judge and Sanchez are killing it. Any signs of the slump are long gone. It's still shocking how well this season has turned out. Essentially playing on house money considering coming into the year this was supposed to be a "rebuild" year. Judge & Sanchez are legitimately turning into superstars. Didi has done a great job at replacing Jeter, playing near All-Star level. Severino is molding into a bonafide ace, and is already arguably a top 5-10 pitcher. Yanks still have quite a bit in terms of tradable young assets on the farm. Assuming Chapman, Betances, and Kahnle don't suck like they have at times this year, bullpen is insane and under control throughout next year. We don't have starting pitching issues, which is fucking great.

Feels good, to be good.

Ps. It'd be nice if the Red Sox lost some fucking games. Fuckers keep holding on.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
God damn. The Dodgers fucking suck hard the last month (or however long its been)

I will be surprised if they get out of the first round.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I feel like Judges slump, while bad, shouldnt count against him in MVP talks. I feel like because he had that bad run he gets written off. And I sort of get it, but he bounced back...and just look at his season

1st in AL in HR (51)
2nd in AL in RBI (113)
1st in AL in R (127)
1st in AL in BB (126)
1st in AL in SLG (.623)
2nd in AL in OPS (1.045)

CRAZY. I cant find anyone else who has lead the AL in Runs, Walks, HR and SLG ever.

Throug hthe whole slump where his Average dropped 40 points, he kept his OBP league leading. The guy was scoring runs and getting on base better than anyone else even when he was struggling to hit. And he had a shoulder injury the whole time and played through it.

Altuve is a beast and probably deserves it, but I feel like way too many people look at Judge and say "well he had a slump so hes out".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Judge deserves it, but that slump is gonna kill him.

star-rosters-baseball.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Judge should be the MVP, although it wouldn't be surprising to see the writers favor a veteran over a rookie. fWAR: 8.1 Judge, 7.6 Altuve.

Great year for Altuve, and if he was a great defensive second baseman I'd give him the nod, but Judge is nearly better across the board offensively aside from batting average and SBs. Even then, he has had a better year at the dish. Stanton or Votto for MVP in the NL for me. Kluber just slightly over Sale for CY, and Scherzer over Kershaw because Clayton can't keep his back straight.

Too bad Trout got injured, he was on pace for something like a 12 WAR season.

And I can't wait to see Harper in that lineup with Judge & Sanchez <3.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
One last Reds post before postseason starts...

Joey Votto started all 162 games this year. He's been on base 320 times. 150 of 162. If a player of a losing team ever deserves MVP, it's him. Though a very valid case can be made for Stanton as well. They've been unbelievable. Some of the best offensive seasons in the history of the game. But they'll be forgotten due to how bad their teams are.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I think one of the two will win it, and rightfully so. Stanton's defensive value probably gives him a slight edge. I've been seeing a lot of Arenado talk and I just don't agree, and neither do the numbers. Shit, Blackmon has had a better year. Goldschmidt fell off also, so yeah, hope one of those two win it.

I'm ready for some postseason baseball! Fuck yes.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I honestly had no idea the Twins made postseason. By a pretty good margin too.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This game couldn't have started any worse...
Two weeks after Sevy got torched by the Twins, he gets the start. I know he is your best guy, but why not go with pitchers who have had much better success against the Twins?!