MLB 2018

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I had to listen to some faggot call in and talk about how glad he was to finally have a championship in Boston. Yeah bitch it must have been rough to wait 2 whole years.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Left handed bat and another starter or 2 would be good. It gets pretty thin after Severino/Happ/Tanaka. Sabathia has been a warrior but he's not the guy he was 5 years ago.

In a perfect world, Sabathia would just be an innings eater at the end of the rotation. Really it's pretty impressive that he was able to throw 150 innings, in that ball park, with how much of his "stuff" he has lost, and managed a 3.65 ERA.

Apparently the Yankees scouting department & baseball operations is "lukewarm" on Machado, sighting his "antics" & performance.

Boston playing the Sinatra song is funny... Funny that they'll never be out of the Yankees' shadow.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Im okay with Machado and Kershaw leaving the Dodgers. I would also like to see Madson cut and Roberts fired if he was making the personnel decisions on who to sit and who to go to for relief.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's so hard for me to believe that Kershaw will leave the Dodgers. I could see the, "sign with the hometown team (Rangers) when their new ballpark gets built in 2020" scenario. For now though, I think he'll opt in and hope for better health for him and Seager, and make a run for another WS appearance.

I think Machado ends up in Philadelphia. NY is apparently "not interested" in Harper, but I just don't buy that. It's an extremely crowded outfield, but I just don't buy it. Especially after the Red Sox winning a 4th title in 15 years. I think it's probably the Yankees, Nats, or Cubs for Harper.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Kershaw is a great regular season pitcher but he has had only a few good outings in the late post season. I think he will opt in on this contract year but if he opts out I will be okay with it. I appreciate his years of regular season awesomeness but we need pitchers that won't crack and bats that will actually show up. I am looking at you Machado.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
price also has an opt out this year for the sox, the question is...

does he take the opt out and go somewhere else(and probably not get 30 million a year for his new contract) OR does he stay in boston and make 30 million for the next few years.

and you know damn well buying the championship is done every year, just, spending the money does not guarantee winning. it HELPS, but it does not guarantee a win, look at the yankees, until recently they invariably had the top - or one of the top- salaries in the game-did they win championships? yes, but not ALL the time.. same for the red sox, same for the astros, same for the dodgers etc etc. the red sox drop 3 players from their roster and their payroll goes from 235 million down to 160 million...3 players 75 million dollars in salary.. (price porcello and martinez) do they win the championship without those 3 players, maybe.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Astros payroll was 160M this season, good for 11th overall, but sure, they tried to buy a championship.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It had nothing to do with extending Altuve, which they didnt have to for a couple of more years, or taking on Verlander last year.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw the stat somewhere. Yankees have spent 3.6 billion in payroll since 2001. They have 1 championship to show for it.

• 1Worf

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
price also has an opt out this year for the sox, the question is...

does he take the opt out and go somewhere else(and probably not get 30 million a year for his new contract) OR does he stay in boston and make 30 million for the next few years.

and you know damn well buying the championship is done every year, just, spending the money does not guarantee winning. it HELPS, but it does not guarantee a win, look at the yankees, until recently they invariably had the top - or one of the top- salaries in the game-did they win championships? yes, but not ALL the time.. same for the red sox, same for the astros, same for the dodgers etc etc. the red sox drop 3 players from their roster and their payroll goes from 235 million down to 160 million...3 players 75 million dollars in salary.. (price porcello and martinez) do they win the championship without those 3 players, maybe.

Don't forget the 40 million Hanley, and Panda got this season . Hanley was sent packing June 1st, and the corpse of Panda was sent back to SF for a bag of balls. Not Ben Cheringtons finest moments bringing them in.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Class act by the Dodgers from todays Boston Globe.

iujaBWm.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jovec

?
All things considered the Dodgers got a decent deal with Kershaw, effectively adding 1 more year on to his remaining 2. From Kershaw's perspective he is still getting paid like a #1 and from the Dodgers side they won't be stuck long term if Kershaw never full recovers.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's still hope. Even David Price showed you can still come up big in the playoffs no matter how many turds you've laid before.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

Not sure how I feel about this. He has been one of the best pitchers in the regular season in decades but he falls apart a bit in the big game and this is a lot of money. I do like that there is incentives if he pitches well but would have preferred larger incentives and a couple mil less per year.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Maybe they can use Kershaw as a starter during regular season, then switch him to a reliever during post?

• 1Like

Jovec

?

Not sure how I feel about this. He has been one of the best pitchers in the regular season in decades but he falls apart a bit in the big game and this is a lot of money. I do like that there is incentives if he pitches well but would have preferred larger incentives and a couple mil less per year.

He was owed $65 over the next two years anyway, so the Dodgers basically gave him one more year at ~$28 million or so.

There are different ways to look at this. A healthy Kershaw coming off a nice post-season (he was neither) definitely opts out and looks for a 6-7 year, $200+ million deal. The fact that he added on one more year means he knows there are questions about his health and the Dodgers decided it was worth that ~$28 million for the hope he recovers.

• 2Like