TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
105064D2-1173-425F-969D-A0F199B49D02.jpeg

EBA946C8-39E8-49BB-8A30-7E5351DB126F.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm really curious what Ohtani's advanced numbers (fWAR etc) would look like if he was playing an outfield position instead of DH'ing. With his athleticism and arm I'd be surprised if he wasn't at least a solid outfielder or "below-average" which would make his WAR as a hitter look even better.

I'm curious if he'll eventually be used as a LF and be a super bullpen arm. Crazy his talent level.

Ps. That Mickey Mantle card is what $6+ million looks like.

Edit: I lied that Mantle card is probably worth WAY more than $10+ mm now. They were estimating $10mm for a PSA 10 Mantle, 3 years ago. The market has absolutely exploded since then.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So stoked to see Ohtani & Gallo hit some shots in Coors. Story with 518' already! Holy fuck.

It's a tragedy Aaron Judge isn't in this. He could potentially clear 540-545' in Coors.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
God Ohtani's BP pitcher was fucking trash. To the gulag for you.

Some impressive swings, though. But man, would pay money to see Judge & Stanton hit at Coors. Judge had 510+ plus in Miami. He easily hits 530+ in Colorado.

• 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The son of Al Leiter will be our redemption!!!
Before we get in trouble.

He may have been drafted by the Rangers, he won't break with them. He will get traded away long before he does.

• 1Clown World

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Disappointed at Ohtani's performance, but like Blitz Blitz posted, his pitcher was lame. I heard that they had not worked together since the Spring, so coordination was not there.

Soto also had the huge advantage of the long rest, so that plus his skill just carried him through. Will say that 3-3 on the final round was pretty damn impressive. At that point, you could tell Ohtani was just spent.

Best part was the commentators full on ignoring Sal Perez's at bat with Alonso at their table.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Unless it's a HR, he should always just stop at 1st

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I've posted the foolish baseball vid on him a couple of times in these MLB threads. Dude is unreal slow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The really slow throwouts at first are kinda funny. Him getting thrown out by miles trying to leg out doubles is actually a little sad.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
the whole Hank Aaron tribute would
Be more effective if this were in Atlanta, you know where the ASG was supposed to take place

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wonder what Pujol's career average/ops would be if he just had average/normal speed. It is crazy how many doubles he turned into outs.

It wouldn't affect the average. Those all counted as singles and out on advance to second.