MLB 2021 "Hot Stove": Third Time's a Charm for Dodgers

Who wins the 2021 World Series?

• Total voters

Sterling

El Presidente
Now that is some high quality aged salt there.

salt bae masterchef GIF by FOX TV
You're not wrong, but Mike Scott was definitely a piece of shit.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
135350416_1292585537807684_7241166221984982053_o.jpg

Idk why, but this genuinely makes me sad. We'll miss you and your antics Kik'e

william T.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Damn that sucks. I actually didn't even realize he was a free agent

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well funny you should mention that because

Enrique Hernandez nickname sparks deep thoughts

in all fairness, during the ‘17 Series, my grandma and I were talking about Hernandez cause he was kicking ass

my Jewish friend who was with me suddenly goes

“oooooh: ‘Kiké’”

I want to say at the time Twitter was trending “#kiké” but minus the accent
Damn, that article is fucking pathetic.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's Kiké not Bagel Eater you fucking racist SJWs!

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Yankees land Jameson Taillon for the Yanks #15, #19, and #21 prospects.

Tons of people freaking out about this trade for the Yanks. I'm not as in love with it, just because you're adding another high risk guy to a rotation that is already very high risk outside of Cole. That being said, they did not have to give up very much for him, and his talent is legit - especially considering there are a lot of people who think he would benefit in a move to a more forward thinking pitching philosophy (HOU, Braves, Yanks, Rays etc).

If Kluber, Taillon, Severino all return to something remotely close to their ceilings, Cole, Kluber, Severino, Taillon, Garcia/Schmidt/Montgomery is an excellent rotation. Huge IF though.

Curious when we'll get a Bauer & Realmuto signing. I still think Realmuto re-ups with the Phils, and Bauer eventually signs with the Angels.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente

Yankees land Jameson Taillon for the Yanks #15, #19, and #21 prospects.

Tons of people freaking out about this trade for the Yanks. I'm not as in love with it, just because you're adding another high risk guy to a rotation that is already very high risk outside of Cole. That being said, they did not have to give up very much for him, and his talent is legit - especially considering there are a lot of people who think he would benefit in a move to a more forward thinking pitching philosophy (HOU, Braves, Yanks, Rays etc).
I think this is a fine trade since they're not giving up a whole lot. There's some potential for this to be an amazing trade, but like you said he could be a big nothing if he doesn't get his shit together.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I think this is a fine trade since they're not giving up a whole lot. There's some potential for this to be an amazing trade, but like you said he could be a big nothing if he doesn't get his shit together.

Yeah, the trade itself was a "win" for the Yanks. Unless they sign another guy, there is a lot of ways that rotation can implode. But they should have 6-8 guys (if you add King to Montgomery, Schmidt, Garcia) to eat innings if needed.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, the trade itself was a "win" for the Yanks. Unless they sign another guy, there is a lot of ways that rotation can implode. But they should have 6-8 guys (if you add King to Montgomery, Schmidt, Garcia) to eat innings if needed.
Right, but at some point if you have enough of these high variance guys you're bound to have some go the wrong way.

• 1Truth!
Cheating in baseball is and always was rampant. My personal philosophy on how I look it is to divide it into 2 general categories. If it's something that's rampant and done by a very large portion of the league, then it's kind of whatever. If it's widespread then it's an even playing field. If it's something egregious from an individual player or team that's different to me.

I can work with this framework. More doable.

But then we have to define egregious :( hehehe

Sterling

El Presidente
Shit's dumb as fuck. Just make a steroid era section of the hall and people can decide for themselves. Not having Bonds, Clemens, or maybe even ARod in is just preposterous.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Shit's dumb as fuck. Just make a steroid era section of the hall and people can decide for themselves. Not having Bonds, Clemens, or maybe even ARod in is just preposterous.
And leaving out one of the games all time leading playoff winning pitchers because he said hurty words on Twitter

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Joc Pedersen signed elsewhere. I'll miss him on the Dodgers. Kid was one of my favorites.

• 1Solidarity