MLB 2022: Georgia Gets the Last Laugh

Who wins the 2022 World Series?

• Total voters

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea Mariners cant beat their way out of a wet paper bag right now. Losing their last 3 series to all bottom of the league teams.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah it was bad today... but it wouldn't be Seattle mens professional sports if it was fucking easy

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Holy shit, Mariners really fell apart today. My buddy who is a big Seattle fan was over watching football today and was following the game on his phone. Not sure I recall a 90 loss team scoring 11 runs in one inning.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
CEEBA1C1-87EB-45E7-93C8-2AB854703F68.jpeg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
4 walks in a row for Judge tonight.

Canada being gay faggots as usual.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Another Mariners loss to a garbage team. They really are gonna Mariners and miss the playoffs right at the end of the season.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
61, finally. 11+ fWAR season now as well. Last person to do that was Bonds, and then Mantle I think? Crazy historic season.

• 2Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Don’t know what’s up with Kimbrel

Don’t know how you strikeout Machado but walk in the winning run afterwards

seems like he doesn’t trust his fastball in the strike zone, he’s constantly trying to paint the edges but he’s not good at it unfortunately

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This season for the White Sox was incredibly disappointing. I was upset when they hired Tony La Russa last year, but to my shock, he had the team playing great in '21. Well, that is ancient history now and I can't see how they could bring him back for the '23 season, especially when they have an out with his health problems.

I am not sure who they will find to lead the team. Has all the shine worn off Joe Maddon? I feel like the team needs someone like Ozzie Guillen 2.0. Someone with some fire, speaks Spanish fluently, and for the love of god can keep the guys on the field healthy.
  • Eloy: There is no reason Eloy should ever take the field again. Put a bat in his hands and tell him to swing it, that's it.
  • Tim Anderson: He needs to start playing like Jackie if he is going to claim to change the game like him. Elvis Andrus put up almost the same stats as Tim in half the games.
  • Giolito: He was being talked about like a Cy Young contender coming into the season and he puts up a 5 ERA, 1.47 WHIP year. WTF
  • Kopech: He has all the talent, but no control. If he can't stop walking people, he will never be anything but mediocre.
  • 2B: The Josh Harrison experiment was a total failure. That has to be fixed this off-season.
  • Moncada: He batted .212 this year. Put him on the boat back to Cuba.
  • Luis Robert: Another dude that is apparently made out of glass.
  • Bullpen: Zero consistency this year. Joe Kelly with a 6.31 ERA, Bummer living up to his name, and the big trade deadline pick Diekman with a 5.10 ERA. FUCK
This team thinks they are a bunch of anointed stars, but look at the stats... they fucking suck. Bring in a manager that is going to challenge them and have an open competition on all their jobs. May the best man win.

• 2Like

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
This season for the White Sox was incredibly disappointing. I was upset when they hired Tony La Russa last year, but to my shock, he had the team playing great in '21. Well, that is ancient history now and I can't see how they could bring him back for the '23 season, especially when they have an out with his health problems.

I am not sure who they will find to lead the team. Has all the shine worn off Joe Maddon? I feel like the team needs someone like Ozzie Guillen 2.0. Someone with some fire, speaks Spanish fluently, and for the love of god can keep the guys on the field healthy.
  • Eloy: There is no reason Eloy should ever take the field again. Put a bat in his hands and tell him to swing it, that's it.
  • Tim Anderson: He needs to start playing like Jackie if he is going to claim to change the game like him. Elvis Andrus put up almost the same stats as Tim in half the games.
  • Giolito: He was being talked about like a Cy Young contender coming into the season and he puts up a 5 ERA, 1.47 WHIP year. WTF
  • Kopech: He has all the talent, but no control. If he can't stop walking people, he will never be anything but mediocre.
  • 2B: The Josh Harrison experiment was a total failure. That has to be fixed this off-season.
  • Moncada: He batted .212 this year. Put him on the boat back to Cuba.
  • Luis Robert: Another dude that is apparently made out of glass.
  • Bullpen: Zero consistency this year. Joe Kelly with a 6.31 ERA, Bummer living up to his name, and the big trade deadline pick Diekman with a 5.10 ERA. FUCK
This team thinks they are a bunch of anointed stars, but look at the stats... they fucking suck. Bring in a manager that is going to challenge them and have an open competition on all their jobs. May the best man win.
I agree with most of what you say here. I'm not sure what they do with the current lineup though. You've realistically got 4 players for 1B/DH between Eloy, Abreu, Vaughn and Sheets. As good as he's been for the team, I think you let Abreu walk after this season, Vaughn is your 1B, Eloy DHs and Sheets is the bench bat who PHs and starts vs lefties for the other two as rest days.

Harrison was fine this year. He batted .258 and was much better in the second half of the season. He posted a 1.7 WAR which isn't terrible as a stopgap for Romy Gonzalez. Here were his splits: Josh Harrison 2022 Batting Splits | Baseball-Reference.com

Now Leury and Yaz are another story. How Tony kept putting them in high leverage situations baffles me. Especially when he was consistently starting Leury as Harrison heated up in the second half of the season. Yaz at this point is a zero tool player. He's bad at catching, can't run, can't hit for power or average.

Now ideally Romy is your future second baseman, so the infield is mostly set. Seby is your catcher and Yaz can ride the bench as the backup. I'm not sure what you do with Moncada as he has soooo much potential. In the outfield, you need 2 corner outfielders. You also need 2 starting pitchers and you hope the bullpen bounces back. Lots of work to do and you know Jerry's gonna try to do it on the cheap.

But fuck it, get Judge.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Screenshot_20220930-213242_theScore.jpg

Even tho the game I am attending tonight is the 1st loss I have suffered in person, all is right in the world.... sorta.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I'll take your Astros clinch and raise you a Mariner's clinch. Wife also got hit by a foul ball in the knee, so that was fun. Gonna frame the picture of her with the ball.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I'll take your Astros clinch and raise you a Mariner's clinch. Wife also got hit by a foul ball in the knee, so that was fun. Gonna frame the picture of her with the ball.

WTF a third Mariner fan here? Wow

• 1Worf