MLB 2022: Georgia Gets the Last Laugh

Who wins the 2022 World Series?

• Total voters

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
White Sox get the hero Joe Kelly. Prepare your earholes Asterisks!

61565886ac9c8a9d23f7b01be6e4e3de_crop_exact.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
The Sox already have Liam Hendricks. The earholes have already been prepped. Here's him in mid season form already.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Seiya Suzuki to the Padres $70 million, 5 years according to Yahoo! Japan. Good pickup for them.

Apparently this isn't final yet.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

WHAT THE FUCK LOL. Holy shit Dodgers are about to land Freddie Freeman. Jesus. Mets vs. Dodgers for $300mm salary teams. Yankees spend like little children now, thanks Jewsteinbrenner.

I also wanted the Rangers to land Olson, but that asking price, I'm sure was insane. I could see a Hosmer to the Rangers deal where the Rangers get a SP, or high-end prospect back to eat Hosmer's remaining salary.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If the Dodgers do land Freeman, I really hope they don't do one of those long ass 10 year contracts. I am sure that is what will happen, but seems like a bad idea for a 31 year old player.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On one hand, it is pretty shameful for the Braves to let him go after the World Series win. Guy is a MVP candidate pretty much every year and the face of the franchise... on the other hand, it is going to get a retarded 10 year deal and only be productive for 4 years.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If the Dodgers do land Freeman, I really hope they don't do one of those long ass 10 year contracts. I am sure that is what will happen, but seems like a bad idea for a 31 year old player.
Apparently the difference was the 6th year. The Braves didn't want to go 6, and the Dodgers seem like they're willing. I wonder what the hold up is, maybe the Yankees or Blue Jays have made a late push.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fun trade for the Mariners. Winker can play, and Suarez used to be good. Reds officially tearing it down, RIP Reds fans.

I'd legitimately be mad if a player like Kris Bryant ends up in Colorado. What a waste that would be. Someone save him. This could also be Boras openly drumming up interest to get Bryant to go anywhere else. Jon Heyman is known to be Boras' media mouthpiece.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fun trade for the Mariners. Winker can play, and Suarez used to be good. Reds officially tearing it down, RIP Reds fans.

We're a fucking joke. At least we have our football programs now.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good move by the Mariners. Will be interesting to see how they handle the OF with so many players.

Sterling

El Presidente

WHAT THE FUCK LOL. Holy shit Dodgers are about to land Freddie Freeman. Jesus. Mets vs. Dodgers for $300mm salary teams. Yankees spend like little children now, thanks Jewsteinbrenner.

I also wanted the Rangers to land Olson, but that asking price, I'm sure was insane. I could see a Hosmer to the Rangers deal where the Rangers get a SP, or high-end prospect back to eat Hosmer's remaining salary.

A's got like half of Atlanta's farm

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does that make any sense for the Braves? It is one thing to not sign your star franchise guy to a bad contract, but then to instead plunder your entire farm system for a cheap knock off? But, why?

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't think he's a cheap knockoff. He's younger and they had such a huge difference in BABIP that assuming both deviate more towards the norm that Olson will likely be better than Freeman most seasons going forward. That's not to say that they likely could have been better off just keeping Freeman and all those prospects.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
If the reds don’t trade Votto to a contender they need to be relegated to AAA. Come on, how can you sell so hard and leave him to finish his career that way.

• 1Like