MLB 2023: Houst*n wins, America loses

Other than your favorite team, who wins the 2023 World Series?

• Total voters

Haus

<Silver Donator>
One thing I took from the game last night... The Rangers have gotten very much into the "big ball" game and sprinkling the occasional nice baserunning work into it. The Diamondbacks are purveyors of the old school "small ball" manufacturing runs method. Part of me wishes the Rangers had a little more of that in their game.

That and El Bombi is building up to legendary status here in Dallas at the rate he's going. And this is the second series in a row he's been hit by a pitch. This one I'll give "it was just really tight inside" but I'm starting to wonder...

Since we're yelling about people being not active in the thread. Full disclosure, Rangers fan since I was 4 and my grandfather started taking me to games when they were "that new team in town"... (i.e. 1974). Around here though I'm more about getting my mindless arguing in over in the Politics section. ;)

My bet, Rangers in 6

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Oh, and as for the last series. It was interesting having a series where there was functionally no home field advantage in terms of fans. With the cities only being a 3.5 hour drive apart there were easily 30% or more in Astros fans at the games in Dallas I went to. And for those who don't understand the "Dallas person v. Houston person" dynamic...

1698500613524.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It’s nice to see the rangers going for the World Series again. Not a lifetime fan, used to watch the twinkies as a kid religiously, but been a fan of the rangers for almost 30 years since I moved here.

Texas deserves its first championship.

• 3Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oh, and as for the last series. It was interesting having a series where there was functionally no home field advantage in terms of fans. With the cities only being a 3.5 hour drive apart there were easily 30% or more in Astros fans at the games in Dallas I went to. And for those who don't understand the "Dallas person v. Houston person" dynamic...

View attachment 497632
They should have put a toilet where it is at least.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
When those receipts exceed not 1, but 2 WS Championships, let me know.

Meh, just need one to tie the Astros. Everyone knows that first win was bullshit. Relaying signs via electronic surveillance and using whistles, trashcans, and worn buzzers for the entire season including postseason is well beyond the realm of "it's okay because every team steals signs". Fucking hilarious that Astros fans even attempt to legitimize that and call it a win...

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Meh, just need one to tie the Astros. Everyone knows that first win was bullshit. Relaying signs via electronic surveillance and using whistles, trashcans, and worn buzzers for the entire season including postseason is well beyond the realm of "it's okay because every team steals signs". Fucking hilarious that Astros fans even attempt to legitimize that and call it a win...

"If you're not cheating, you aren't trying hard enough" - B. Belichick

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The second is also tainted as the same players who were on the first team lead the second. Both are as illegitimate as a Biden election win.

DFW could enter a very exclusive group of cities who have championship franchises in all 4 major leagues (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB). Current list is NY, LA (Rams save them), Chicago and Boston.

• 5Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I don’t know how anyone with a job and family can be anything but a casual fan, 162 games sorry I’ve got a life to live. I picked them to win, check above, life time fan. I used to listen to games on the radio in the 80’s and 90’s, but during the playoffs Is the only time I can stomach to tune in nightly, I can’t do 162 games and I’m not running to post here during the games, I’m watching it.

Murloen is just a giant faggot, with or without his Asterisk fandom.

• 6Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 6 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Or a trash receptacle... lol this is too easy.
Ever since that incident Rangers fans have been showing up at games here when they play the astros with their own trash cans with Astro logos on them.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This Rangers team is very lucky to be at 1-1 after tonight. They've been handily outplayed for the majority of these first two games. Outside of Seager, Garver, and Adolis the hitting has been atrocious. One thing that befell this Rangers team all year was the bats going completely silent for stretches at a time. Sticks out like a sore thumb how this D-Backs team constantly gets base hits on bad pitches, which Rangers pitching makes frequently. As where the Rangers hitters either hit a home run, or don't make them pay - there is no in between. One thing the Rangers need to address is the lack of strikeout pitchers. Almost every fucking at-bat these last two series feels like a 3-2 count for the opposing hitter. It's absolutely incredible how far this Rangers team has gone when you really look at their weaknesses.

That being said, the Rangers are still the more "talented" team, but their bats better wake the fuck up.

Also, the umpires strike zone tonight has been laughably bad. So ready for non-human strike zones. Have been for years.

• 2Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
This Rangers team is very lucky to be at 1-1 after tonight. They've been handily outplayed for the majority of these first two games. Outside of Seager, Garver, and Adolis the hitting has been atrocious. One thing that befell this Rangers team all year was the bats going completely silent for stretches at a time. Sticks out like a sore thumb how this D-Backs team constantly gets base hits on bad pitches, which Rangers pitching makes frequently. As where the Rangers hitters either hit a home run, or don't make them pay - there is no in between. One thing the Rangers need to address is the lack of strikeout pitchers. Almost every fucking at-bat these last two series feels like a 3-2 count for the opposing hitter. It's absolutely incredible how far this Rangers team has gone when you really look at their weaknesses.

That being said, the Rangers are still the more "talented" team, but their bats better wake the fuck up.

Also, the umpires strike zone tonight has been laughably bad. So ready for non-human strike zones. Have been for years.
So much cope. So much fair weather.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So much cope. So much fair weather.
Says the faggot who knows nothing about baseball. Unlike you, I can be critical and actually analyze a team I cheer for. You get fucked in the ass by fellow homos, and all you ask for is, "Some more please, sir".

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
And now Texas goes on the road. Where they haven't lost a single game this entire post season. Got the Diamondbacks right where we want them.

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron
  • 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Casual D-Backs fan since I moved here in '99, parachuting in. I don't usually watch the regular season much besides maybe having it on a TV in the other room for background noise.

Not here to talk shit, I like the Rangers. We're underdog bros that have been shit on by the sports media for the entire playoffs, so it brings a smile to my face to see this matchup.

Whatever happens in this series, it's been an absolute joy to watch our kids take a cleveland steamer on the Dodgers and then give the Phillies a rusty trombone. Has anyone done a wellness check on Bob Costas lately?

P.S.: The balls/strikes thing has been atrocious. Fuck the "purity of the game" nonsense, millions of people watching the games on TV know immediately if it's a ball or strike thrown. Yet we have to rely on one guy behind the plate to decide.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Says the faggot who knows nothing about baseball. Unlike you, I can be critical and actually analyze a team I cheer for. You get fucked in the ass by fellow homos, and all you ask for is, "Some more please, sir".
You really don't read anything that isnt to your approval.

You know nothing about me. I follow baseball at many levels and for many teams.

Fuck off you shit fan.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Worf

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Whatever happens in this series, it's been an absolute joy to watch our kids take a cleveland steamer on the Dodgers and then give the Phillies a rusty trombone. Has anyone done a wellness check on Bob Costas lately?
FYI: Giving someone a rusty trombone means you’ve got you’re tongue in their ass…