MLB 2023: Houst*n wins, America loses

Other than your favorite team, who wins the 2023 World Series?

• Total voters

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Casual D-Backs fan since I moved here in '99, parachuting in. I don't usually watch the regular season much besides maybe having it on a TV in the other room for background noise.

Not here to talk shit, I like the Rangers. We're underdog bros that have been shit on by the sports media for the entire playoffs, so it brings a smile to my face to see this matchup.

Whatever happens in this series, it's been an absolute joy to watch our kids take a cleveland steamer on the Dodgers and then give the Phillies a rusty trombone. Has anyone done a wellness check on Bob Costas lately?

P.S.: The balls/strikes thing has been atrocious. Fuck the "purity of the game" nonsense, millions of people watching the games on TV know immediately if it's a ball or strike thrown. Yet we have to rely on one guy behind the plate to decide.
Be proud of your local team.

Do not listen to these fair weather cock suckers. The Ariz D is a strong club and will continue to be a force in the NL West.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
FYI: Giving someone a rusty trombone means you’ve got you’re tongue in their ass…

Ok then, I guess they gave us a rusty trombone then? Oh god, it sounded funny when I was typing it...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Each and every one of you "RANGERS FANS" are a bunch of pussies. You deserve absolutely nothing and you will get all of that and then some.

Face the fucking music when you lose. Tip your hat to the team that beat you and get ready for the next game.

Bunch of fair weather cowards.

• 1Salty
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Remember when Muurloen pretended to be a gracious loser?

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My work takes me to just about every corner of the US. Small towns, big towns, I see it all.

Houston has to be about the biggest shit hole in the entire United States. Everything is dirty, fucked up, crumbling infrastructure, and homeless zombies everywhere. At least places like Portland and New Orleans have culture. Houston is disgusting.

Muurloen Muurloen You cheated to win your trophies. Deshaun Watson & James Hardin are the kings of your city. You're a fuckin joke.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Muurloen

Remember when Muurloen pretended to be a gracious loser?
That lasted for as long as Rangers fans were gracious winners. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

I legit don't understand how people haven't put him on ignore, and continue to engage with him.
Perhaps people arent weakass pussies like you are and can take a bit of heat.
Muurloen Muurloen The Astros Edge | FRONTLINE

Looks like your championships are more suspect than a bonds or Mcguire homerun ball
Nothing new was broke in that documentary. Dont know what you are on about.
My work takes me to just about every corner of the US. Small towns, big towns, I see it all.

Houston has to be about the biggest shit hole in the entire United States. Everything is dirty, fucked up, crumbling infrastructure, and homeless zombies everywhere. At least places like Portland and New Orleans have culture. Houston is disgusting.

Muurloen Muurloen You cheated to win your trophies. Deshaun Watson & James Hardin are the kings of your city. You're a fuckin joke.
Guess you are memory-holing one the greatest centers of all time, and probably within the top 15 to 20 greatest players of all time.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Fuck Houston, I loathe going there but that being said outside of the French quarters New Orleans is complete fucking trash and if you’re white you better not be anywhere but the French quarters.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fuck Houston, I loathe going there but that being said outside of the French quarters New Orleans is complete fucking trash and if you’re white you better not be anywhere but the French quarters.

Marigny and the strip on Magazine is nice.

Muurloen

I dont particular like going into Houston, unless for work, breweries, conventions or Astros games.

I homeless has become a problem, but it is no where near the level of LA or San Francisco.

Layout of the city tho is far better than any other city that I have lived near or travelled to. 610, Beltway 8 & 99 are all major loop that encircle the city with I-10, I-45, US-59/I-69, 288, & 290 (lesser extent 90) being major arteries that run through Houston. Everything has been widen or in the process of being widened to accommodate the city growing further and further outwards since there are no natural land locks (with the exception to the SE towards the gulf). With all of the access and out of the city, you are never really more than 30 minutes from anything (save for rush hour traffic).

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Guess you are memory-holing one the greatest centers of all time, and probably within the top 15 to 20 greatest players of all time.
Yeah that was pretty cringe. When I think of great Houston athletes I immediately think of Hakeem, Moon, Ryan and Campbell.

Muurloen

I was meaning that the post you quoted was pretty cringe. C'mon man, we aren't always enemies.... nah, nevermind, yes we are.
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF