MLB 2024: Rangers Conquer Texas, Then America

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I think this is just a little bit over the top. There have been numerous stories of famous people getting taken advantage of because they trust those close to them. Sure they may be retarded for trusting them, but it just isn't that far of a reach as you're making it out to be.
If this had been the original story, maybe i could have believed it. But this is at least the second version of the story and possibly the third.

Again, believe them if you want. MLB sure as hell hopes you do.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
My only point is that rich people are sometimes retarded. And I still agree with you that it all seems super fishy, no doubt about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So what, Mizuhara told the bookie don't worry I have Ohtani's bank info, we all good bro.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I lold

IMG_1243.jpeg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Just curious, everything the same just change the names would things be different? Jose Altuve and his interpreter Deep Roy the Mexican Oompa Loompa?

Bet things would totally be different.

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
1. Pete Rose, while obviously a HoF level player has, as said above by Gavin, shown absolutely zero contrition regarding his gambling, and has made a very solid amount of money off his ban. What do you really expect, it's hard to be sympathetic to someone when they really don't make even a minimal effort.

2. Ohtani being banned would be horrific for the sport. I also really think people greatly overestimate how "in charge" an athlete of that level is with their money. Especially someone making upwards of $75+ million a year when including endorsements.

I hope they sweep this one under the rug, especially if there is no betting on baseball. At that point, I don't care. Ohtani is great for the sport.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Montgomery to the D-Backs for a 1 yr + 1 yr deal with a vesting option for a potential total of $50m...

Painful that the Rangers didn't do that. Such a low risk deal.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just curious, everything the same just change the names would things be different? Jose Altuve and his interpreter Deep Roy the Mexican Oompa Loompa?

Bet things would totally be different.
Yes, because he has a track record of blatant cheating. That little roach.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'd say it's more accurate to say it's the least believable scenario, not the most unbelievable. I still think he was paying Mizuhara's gambling debts, Mizuhara came clean when it came to light, then Ohtani's lawyers were like NO NO NO NO and Mizuhara agreed to be thrown under the bus to protect Ohtani from criminal liability for paying off the bookie.

This.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wish I was in Cincy. Looks so fun there today.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It worked last year. Gotta keep the tradition alive.

Another year where the Rangers will do fuck all. Thank god for the Mavericks, but I think they will only carry us to May. June and July will be looooooong months waiting for college football to start up.