MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will accept vacating the season if the Patriots, who were punished for cheating during their Super Bowl wins, also vacate all of theirs.

Vacating in pro's isn't as simple as taking a banner down in college. Are they going to make all the players return the rings? Return all the bonus money that was in contracts? Don't think so.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
1302A804-581C-48AE-B82E-AADF8737079F.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Vacating in pro's isn't as simple as taking a banner down in college. Are they going to make all the players return the rings? Return all the bonus money that was in contracts? Don't think so.

Fuck’em. If you get caught buying things with money from illegal shit? That gets taken. Seems to me??? Rings would be fine to take back.

• 1Truth!

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
All of these posts and every single one of yall are chooing to be salty.

What is done is done. Asterisks, vacated, propping someone else up as champion is never going to happen.

Astros have paid the price in losing a good manager, an outstanding gm, and 1st round draft picks for two years (which in this day in age is very very detrimental).

I member when Timmy P was the the GM of the Astros post 2005 WS loss to the White Sox. Mother fucker didnt sign the 1st two rounds of draft picks for 2 or 3 years straight and it sent the Astros into the spiral from a mediocre ball club to the 100+ perennial losers.

Its over, punishment has been handed out. Having pipe dreams of what should be done after the fact is just plain silly. Get over it and enjoy 2020.

As a "no team faggot" fan in football who lives in Patriots nation, who lived through ground zero with their cheating fall out, I can attest that this isn't over and will never be over. Just like the Patriots you'll always be regarded as cheaters until the end of time, only this stain is considered worse in that Houston actually cheated in the playoffs and the world series and literally everyone on the team was involved in it. Like the Patriots and their fans there is absolutely nothing the Houston organization or their fans could ever do or say to make anyone feel otherwise and from now on until the end of time any innocent or coincidental event that happens is going to result in further accusations of cheating and recalling of this event. Ex: Rengak

Do I honestly believe Houston was the only team involved in this? Fuck no, and anyone who does is wilfully ignorent. Like steroids, I feel confident that many, if not most, were doing similar shit and that everyone probably knew they were doing it. The rumor that I keep hearing over and over is that Beltran brought this cheating scheme over "from another team that utilized it that he played for and it worked for them", fed it to Cora, and they ran with it. Houston just took the shit too far and were the ones to finally get caught. If MLB got serious and really investigated I'm positive numerous skeletons across the league would be unearthed, but they wont, just like the NFL literally burned the Spygate tapes when it was rumored the Pats had tapes of other teams cheating (and numerous coaches came out in defense of the Pats and said they all did what Bill did) and the NBA in complete denial over the reffing and betting controversies. The MLB is not blameless in all of this, either.

That said, lets be Asterisk buddies. With the way things have been going in another decade there will be enough teams to start their own league.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There was definitely rumors of teams doing things they shouldn't with electronics which is why MLB sent out notices there is absolutely no using of electronics. Houston continued on which is why the organization got the hammer. How ever the players got no punishment so thisnwill basically continue in baseball. Its a joke. Altuve and Springer and the rest of the culrpits should at minimum have gotten a half season suspension.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
  • 1Picard

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Beat your team game 7 on your field.

Suck on that loss and suck on it hard Chanur Chanur .
Yeah after cheating us out of 2 games in Houston. No one thinks you won in 2017 anymore. The team is a joke . Enjoy your asterisk baseball people never forget.

• 3Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
What asterisks? The only one that is there is the one in your mind.

Let it go. You will enjoy the game and life a lot better if you do.

giphy.gif

• 1Picard
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
What asterisks? The only one that is there is the one in your mind.

Let it go. You will enjoy the game and life a lot better if you do.

giphy.gif
You're the one that seems booty blasted. I'm not reacting to everyone of your posts.

2017 Dodgers. Undefeated.

• 1Like

Muurloen

You're the one that seems booty blasted. I'm not reacting to everyone of your posts.

2017 Dodgers. Undefeated.
2017 Dodgers - Still 1st losers
2018 Dodgers - Repeated 1st losers

• 1Cutler
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
There is no way to know if the Dodgers would have won if the Astros haven't cheated, that is a fact.

But Muurloen Muurloen your defense of your team is pretty sad. Not sure how you can sit there and pretend it is all okay, even if you are a fan of the team. The "everyone does it" argument is weak, and you know it.

Houston cheated and got away with it at the time, which helped them to a championship. They were handed down punishments which have absolutely zero effect on the players. But you are out of your mind if you think that nobody will question the legitimacy of their win, including folks outside of LA Dodgers fans.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!

Sterling

El Presidente
Specifics to what these other teams have been doing matters. There's a difference in scale of how egregious things can be. If a team is using video to learn signs but still relay them through the normal methods with baserunners it's very different than using a camera and then relaying in real time without a baserunner. You're being intentionally obtuse at this point if you don't make that distinction. You don't punish the dude that went 76 in a 70 on the interstate the same as you do the dude that went 76 in a school zone 5 minutes after the school day ends.

Last edited:
  • 5Like

Muurloen

Dont get me wrong, I am not very happy about this whole thing.

As a life long Astros fan, finally breaking through in 2017 and getting a WS win after years of misery and despair post 2005 loss was absolute bliss.

Being in attendance for game 5 of the 2017 series was single handedly the best sporting event I have ever been too.

All of that now is tainted and tarnished. I'm pretty bummed out and can only hope going forward my team does the right thing, and also able to survive this whole ordeal.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Rumor is Beltran out at the Mets. If so never even managed a single game.

• 1Worf