MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rumor is Beltran out at the Mets. If so never even managed a single game.

They finally got the mastermind. This was all a long con that started in 2004!

fetchimage

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Astros still have as many legitimate WS wins as the superior Rangers.

• 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty hilarious watching Dodgers fans now do mental gymnastics and twist themselves into "whataboutism" pretzels, trying to justify things now they their team has been implicated in all of this.

I think when all is said and done, this will likely go down similar to the steroids era in that its use was so widespread, you can't really put any asterisks on any of the record books.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's pretty hilarious watching Dodgers fans now do mental gymnastics and twist themselves into "whataboutism" pretzels, trying to justify things now they their team has been implicated in all of this.
What are you talking about?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

------------------------

I think when all is said and done, this will likely go down similar to the steroids era in that its use was so widespread, you can't really put any asterisks on any of the record books.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1WTF

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Is that supposed to be proof of buzzers that this is talking about?

Their cheating knows no bounds.

The reason Houston got hammered is not because they were using electronics to cheat. Im sure a ton of teams did. The reason why is because they did it after the league told teams absolutely no electronics can be used and they continued to do it anyway. Its not hard.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That article is great, lol. They have videos of these guys hiding they have buzzers under their jerseys.

Altuve screaming at his teammates, "Don't touch the jersey!" wagging his finger and holding onto it. The, Ken Rosenthal asks him, "You asked your teammates to not tear your jersey, why?" He is like, "haha, I don't know.. last time I got in trouble with my wife."

So obvious now, lol.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What are you talking about?

That just about every fucking team is involved in this and Dodgers fans/people acting like they are "holier than thou" or were "cheated" out of a WS is fucking ridiculous. It's like Sammy Sosa bitching that Barry Bonds took steroids.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I've yet to see any proof that implicates any team to the extent the Astros have been shown to be cheating. You show me the Dodgers doing the same thing and I will condemn them just the same.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
That just about every fucking team is involved in this and Dodgers fans/people acting like they are "holier than thou" or were "cheated" out of a WS is fucking ridiculous. It's like Sammy Sosa bitching that Barry Bonds took steroids.
All you have to do is look at the Astro's stats at home vs away in 2017. They were 3-4 times better at home. Sometimes 10 times as much. Thats pretty statistically significant. Unless you are retarded.

It's pretty easy to see who cheating was helping.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's baseball itself with the credibility problem, not just one team. The Astros didn't hand down the penalties, they just got fucking caught being super retarded banging fucking trash cans. It was so bad baseball couldn't fucking ignore it like usual. At this point you wonder why not just let the fucking catcher have something to secretly relay signs to the pitcher to avoid all this shit. At least it'd be fair across the league.

Saying other teams did this without the proof and acting like it makes it ok is fucking retarded. Baseball obviously wants this shit to go away but they should have taken a much harsher stance on the entire thing so it never happens again and the viewing/paying public can regain some confidence that cheating isn't going to be allowed.

That said, there have just been too many scandals in baseball to overlook, the sport is a fucking joke to me now. I grew up playing through high school and have been a life long fan, have had league pass for the past several years, and I'm fucking done with it.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've yet to see any proof that implicates any team to the extent the Astros have been shown to be cheating. You show me the Dodgers doing the same thing and I will condemn them just the same.
And at first people thought it was only Mark McGwire taking steroids too..

It's entirely possible that the Astros were the "worst offenders" of this and I'm in no way justifying their actions. I'm just getting sick and tired of alot of other teams pointing fingers and especially in the Dodgers' case, acting like they were "cheated", when it's very likely/probable they were guilty of the same shit. Did you not see the article posted earlier from the Brewers? Chanur laughed it off as a, "LOL! They mad, bro!" but you're going to see this whole fucking house of cards come falling down in the coming months, in my opinion. I'd be shocked if the Dodgers aren't on the long list of teams who engaged in this.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

It's entirely possible that the Astros were the "worst offenders" of this and I'm in no way justifying their actions. I'm just getting sick and tired of alot of other teams pointing fingers and especially in the Dodgers' case, acting like they were "cheated", when it's very likely/probable they were guilty of the same shit. Did you not see the article posted earlier from the Brewers? Chanur laughed it off as a, "LOL! They mad, bro!" but you're going to see this whole fucking house of cards come falling down in the coming months, in my opinion. I'd be shocked if the Dodgers aren't on the long list of teams who engaged in this.
Did YOU read the article? They even said they were likely using in game things such as picking up on different deliveries and stuff. Which is entirely legal.

• 2Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

First you posted that Dodgers fans are twisting themselves trying to defend the same shit, when there is no proof of it.

Now you come back and say it very well could be just as bad.

We have proof of exactly 1 team going above and beyond as of now. If it comes out that "everyone was doing it", I'll be right there with you.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Good to see Muurloen can't handle his team cheated so egregiously and is having a melt-down about his Lastros.

That "*" will always be beautiful.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users