MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The thing that probably pisses me off the most about it is Vin Scully will probably never get to see another Championship because of these fucking assholes. He was the Dodgers growing up for me and it ticks me off.
And Kershaw might have a ring (probably would have a ring)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
And Kershaw might have a ring (probably would have a ring)
Yeah he deserves one. Was the best pitcher in baseball for years. Had his reputation and legacy tarnished because of their cheating. I wanted the Beard to win a ring too. Just ticks me off. I shit all over Darvish for his performance and it might not have been his fault.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cora officially gone.

1579048108362.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pete Rose bets on his own team to win: Lifetime ban.
The Astros cheat the entire sport and steal a World Series: Couple suspensions and a fine.

#JustMLBThings.

I agree with anything that supports Pete Rose.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I agree with anything that supports Pete Rose.
Yeah, I mean I can get behind him not getting a MLB job, but keeping him out of the HoF is just dumb as fuck. Same with some of the roid dudes.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Astros were definitely guilty of some major fuckery and I think they should probably have their win vacated. But, the Dodgers fans acting like they would be the default winners if the Astros don't cheat are dumb as shit.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Astros were definitely guilty of some major fuckery and I think they should probably have their win vacated. But, the Dodgers fans acting like they would be the default winners if the Astros don't cheat are dumb as shit.
They would never give it to the Dodgers. There should be no winner and it should show no one beat the Dodgers.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
All of these posts and every single one of yall are chooing to be salty.

What is done is done. Asterisks, vacated, propping someone else up as champion is never going to happen.

Astros have paid the price in losing a good manager, an outstanding gm, and 1st round draft picks for two years (which in this day in age is very very detrimental).

I member when Timmy P was the the GM of the Astros post 2005 WS loss to the White Sox. Mother fucker didnt sign the 1st two rounds of draft picks for 2 or 3 years straight and it sent the Astros into the spiral from a mediocre ball club to the 100+ perennial losers.

Its over, punishment has been handed out. Having pipe dreams of what should be done after the fact is just plain silly. Get over it and enjoy 2020.

• 5Dislike
  • 4Cutler
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
All of these posts and every single one of yall are chooing to be salty.

What is done is done. Asterisks, vacated, propping someone else up as champion is never going to happen.

Astros have paid the price in losing a good manager, an outstanding gm, and 1st round draft picks for two years (which in this day in age is very very detrimental).

I member when Timmy P was the the GM of the Astros post 2005 WS loss to the White Sox. Mother fucker didnt sign the 1st two rounds of draft picks for 2 or 3 years straight and it sent the Astros into the spiral from a mediocre ball club to the 100+ perennial losers.

Its over, punishment has been handed out. Having pipe dreams of what should be done after the fact is just plain silly. Get over it and enjoy 2020.
Gee, wonder whose team you're a fan of!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I mean I can get behind him not getting a MLB job, but keeping him out of the HoF is just dumb as fuck. Same with some of the roid dudes.

I agree that he should be in the HOF. However everyone that's doing the simply comparison of Rose to this situation doesn't know the entire story behind Rose being banned. Pete had numerous opportunities to get reinstated (Selig was real close to reinstating him) but he also turned down multiple deals plus he constantly lied about betting on the Reds. Once it finally came out that he did in fact bet on the Reds, Manfred had no choice but to deny reinstatement.

As far as the Dodgers feeling they had a WS robbed from them in 2017, I get the sentiment (I'm a Yankee fan so it affected us to) however keep in mind Dodgers got beat twice in Dodger Stadium in that series (including G7) where the Astros weren't stealing signs plus Dodgers won a game in Houston.

I think it sucks the players weren't touched but like I said a few posts up they would of had to deal with the fallout from the players association and I just don't think MLB wanted that war. It does make you wonder if the Mets have buyers remorse now with Beltran.

Muurloen

I think it sucks the players weren't touched but like I said a few posts up they would of had to deal with the fallout from the players association and I just don't think MLB wanted that war.
Bingo. All of the small rule changes and agreements have in all been in effort to spend more time negotiating a new cba after the 2021 season. Punishing players would have set all the good will that has been built up on fire, and a I would imagine that there would have been a strike.

---------

Gee, wonder whose team you're a fan of!
Someone hasn't been paying attention.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Those draft picks are really going to hurt Houston in 8 years. It’s not like they won’t just find a way to stockpile international funds to go all in on prospects those years to compensate.

Great job mlb.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will accept vacating the season if the Patriots, who were punished for cheating during their Super Bowl wins, also vacate all of theirs.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen