MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Is it possible to "feel" for Pete, but be ok that he hasn't been reinstated? I think it was Outside the Lines that ran a report a couple of/few years ago when Manfred was being lobbied to reinstate him, and there were multiple instances were Pete pretty clearly did not take being reinstated seriously; being an asshole, upstaging events etc.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea well, can't really blame him. In the world of sports and everything that has happened in the MLB is gambling on yourself really the worst of the worst? And why is his punishment so harsh when others have been given slaps on the wrist or haven't been punished at all.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yea well, can't really blame him. In the world of sports and everything that has happened in the MLB is gambling on yourself really the worst of the worst? And why is his punishment so harsh when others have been given slaps on the wrist or haven't been punished at all.

I don't disagree, but I also know why baseball is so horrified of gambling. It's still the "original sin", essentially with the White Sox scandal. I get both sides. Pete is definitely an asshole, so I'm not overly sympathetic to him, but I also would not throw a fit if he was "reinstated".

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think Shaquille O'Neal might be the only world class athlete on earth that isn't an "asshole".

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Honestly betting on yourself to win is nothing compared to what the Astros did. Every damn game teams are "betting" on themselves to win. What a joke.

Sterling

El Presidente
Honestly betting on yourself to win is nothing compared to what the Astros did. Every damn game teams are "betting" on themselves to win. What a joke.
Betting on yourself is different for a player than it is as a manager. It can change how you use your bullpen or other shit if you bet on some games and not others.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Betting on yourself is different for a player than it is as a manager. It can change how you use your bullpen or other shit if you bet on some games and not others.
You would have a point if he was betting on the other team to win. Unless you are going to tell me managers are not trying to win every game they can.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting. Now they are saying the Dodgers are including Stripling in the Joc Pederson trade to the Angels. That seems like a lot to give up for Luis Rengifo (literally don't know who that guy is). Especially since they Dodgers pitching depth is iffy as is.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
You would have a point if he was betting on the other team to win. Unless you are going to tell me managers are not trying to win every game they can.
You can do some things to try and win a game that don't necessarily make sense for the next several games. If you blow out your bullpen when you're down a couple of runs it can most definitely be detrimental to you for the next few games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Have you not heard of a spread or over under?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Have you not heard of a spread or over under?
Of course I have. My point being its not as big of a crime as what has been happening with players here that got no punishment. Particularly with the way baseball has embraced betting through fantasy and what not.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting. Now they are saying the Dodgers are including Stripling in the Joc Pederson trade to the Angels. That seems like a lot to give up for Luis Rengifo (literally don't know who that guy is). Especially since they Dodgers pitching depth is iffy as is.

Imagine this was the cost of moving some salary. Although I haven't seen the exact amount the Dodgers took on with Betts & Price. But yeah, that's a great return on an opportunistic scenario for the Angels.

FUCK

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
My brother didn’t quite understand all the trades.

“I don’t know where they’re going with this.”

so I tell him “this is where they’re going”:

CEC571CE-8B7E-4190-AC8C-FAD5EDA972F7.jpeg

God what a fantastic lineup

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you had that lineup for your fantasy team, you would win most leagues. It is insane.

Sterling

El Presidente
If you had that lineup for your fantasy team, you would win most leagues. It is insane.
Yeah that lineup is pretty wild. And while Price is overpayed he'll still end up pitching games for them so it's not like he adds nothing. I'm just curious what happens with that physical lol.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think that physical is going to stop the trade. Article I read said they have other pieces in place in case that pitching prospect doesn't work out.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I hope I am able to draft Lux in my fantasy baseball league. If he is good as what I am reading/hearing from the pundits and evaluating what I see in his stats, he is gonna be a good long term solution for me at 2b.