MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Dustin May would be included if Graterol falls through. That would be a hit, because I imagine the Dodgers are hoping to slot him in the back of the rotation sometime this year.

Last edited:

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Image result for head nod gif

---------------

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Pop Quiz DodgerBro.

Hypothetical.

If the Dodgers fire Dave Roberts after this season, will you still love your team when they hire AJ Hinch to lead your Dodgers to the promise land?

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Furthering how deeply the Astros cheated in apparently a very detailed NYT article. Also Hinch giving a very guarded/open ended answer as to whether the players were using buzzers or not with an interview with Verducci.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pop Quiz DodgerBro.

Hypothetical.

If the Dodgers fire Dave Roberts after this season, will you still love your team when they hire AJ Hinch to lead your Dodgers to the promise land?
I doubt he gets a job for a while.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They'll still trade him. I think there's no going back. And I feel like if this deal fails, they've only lost leverage for future deals with Betts.

I want to go on record saying I do not like cheaters.

And if we cannot catch all of them, catching some of them is better than just giving up.

NO to Charlie Hustle in the HoF. And the so-called "steroid era"? I am not gonna spend one iota of energy defending them. I do not care, sports-wise, whether Barry Bonds lives or dies.

I think the best judgment we could make against these eras and these players, is just IGNORE them. Sorry for all caps. Give them all a special basement wing in Cooperstown. And just ignore them.

That is a fate worse than death for some of them.

When Mcguire, for example, is inducted, imho it would be very cool if no one showed up to the ceremony.

I can dream, alright?

Sterling

El Presidente
McGwire is just a HR guy, if he hit 430 HR nobody would be talking about him being in the HoF. ARod, Bonds, and Clemens are different and if steroids were as obviously prevalent as they were at the time they should be in. As you stated you can have a separate section for that era and people will all have their own opinions on it, but to say that they're not part of the history of the game and weren't actually dominant amongst their peers is just silly. I'd put Rose in and just never let the dude have a MLB job. They might just wait for him to die then put him in.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Every era of baseball is absolutely littered with advantages, and other nuances that really make each one very different and interesting. Yes, steroids skewed a lot of records, but so did Ruth not playing with Negro League players, or Mantle & Mays being allowed to play with amphetamines etc. Baseball should draw a line at a certain year, before stringent drug testing and note that for HoF guys. And if they failed tests etc, throw that on a plaque also etc. Steroid era has to be acknowledged, steroids were in sporting circles as early as the 70s etc. The whole bad connotation with the era is already faded compared to even 6-10 years ago.

McGwire is just a HR guy, if he hit 430 HR nobody would be talking about him being in the HoF. ARod, Bonds, and Clemens are different and if steroids were as obviously prevalent as they were at the time they should be in. As you stated you can have a separate section for that era and people will all have their own opinions on it, but to say that they're not part of the history of the game and weren't actually dominant amongst their peers is just silly. I'd put Rose in and just never let the dude have a MLB job. They might just wait for him to die then put him in.
You had me interested until the Rose Issue.

I would be ok with a postmortem admission.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
You had me interested until the Rose Issue.

I would be ok with a postmortem admission.

Rose should be in the hall for what he accomplished as a player. He should never be allowed to have another baseball job for what he did as a manger. The 'roids era players should be in because they played against people jacked on that shit so imo it was an even playing field. FFS the teams were handing out amphetamines to players so they could play double hitters and shit until at least the 80s and maybe into the 90s. No one balked at that. The only reason baseball cared about roids is cause Congress was going to get involved.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Rose should be in the hall for what he accomplished as a player. He should never be allowed to have another baseball job for what he did as a manger. The 'roids era players should be in because they played against people jacked on that shit so imo it was an even playing field. FFS the teams were handing out amphetamines to players so they could play double hitters and shit until at least the 80s and maybe into the 90s. No one balked at that. The only reason baseball cared about roids is cause Congress was going to get involved.
Steroid era dudes need to compared to their era and not as all time metrics. I don't think McGwire or Sosa should get in, but Clemens, Arod, and Bonds should be no-brainers.

• 1Solidarity