MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Whoa. Prospect capital went way up, Price though will only be $16 million per year for the Dodgers, that isn't bad. Looks like Joc to Angels will still happen.

I guess the Dodgers are essentially giving Verdugo, Downs, Maeda and some for Betts, Price, and it appears they will land Graterol who is a fairly touted prospect. Somewhat flipping Downs for Graterol, not bad in itself.

Dodgers - Betts, Price, Graterol
Red Sox - Verdugo, Downs, Wong
Twins - Maeda

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Joc Pederson deal is apparently now off in the wake of this altered Betts deal. Seems interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Steroid era dudes need to compared to their era and not as all time metrics. I don't think McGwire or Sosa should get in, but Clemens, Arod, and Bonds should be no-brainers.

Good point, but I think you would agree, some line has to be drawn?

It is messed up we even have to have this debate. Fuck the whole league, at one level, for looking the other way when it was convenient.

I remember when Lance Armstrong's cheating got exposed. I was pissed above all else. I know it sounds trite, but I think this is true: how are we to explain this kind of shit to our kids?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Good point, but I think you would agree, some line has to be drawn?

It is messed up we even have to have this debate. Fuck the whole league, at one level, for looking the other way when it was convenient.

I remember when Lance Armstrong's cheating got exposed. I was pissed above all else. I know it sounds trite, but I think this is true: how are we to explain this kind of shit to our kids?

THINK OF THE KIDS is a weak argument. Just tell them the truth. Let them learn a little something about the world as it is not what everyone thinks it should be.

I do not think the question is that easy Gankak. And anyway, what is the truth? Make money and fuck the haters?

That is a fast road to barbarity, sir!

Yeah my response sucked.

The real response would be, right, "People cheat. Do you really want to be a cheater?"

I think a lot of kids get that message. Which makes me a bit less depressed.

edit: I would be interested in "what do we tell the children?" stories from actual parents. I do not have any kids. As an enchanter, I view all the pets I've charmed as my kids. Sadre's kids.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Further proof the Astros cheated during the world series.

As far as steroids guys Bud Sellig is in. The players should be too. It's a fucking joke.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Further proof the Astros cheated during the world series.

As far as steroids guys Bud Sellig is in. The players should be too. It's a fucking joke.
Indeed. Also, once again, this scandal has given Jomboy a much bigger audience which he deserves.

• 1Truth!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Aside from what is already established as truth the rest and majority of that video is opinion, commentary and theories.

The part about a guy sharing his dream about astros stealing signs against the Rays was ridiculous.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah my response sucked.

The real response would be, right, "People cheat. Do you really want to be a cheater?"

I think a lot of kids get that message. Which makes me a bit less depressed.

edit: I would be interested in "what do we tell the children?" stories from actual parents. I do not have any kids. As an enchanter, I view all the pets I've charmed as my kids. Sadre's kids.

Parent of 4. My message was cheating is bad and accomplishing anything while cheating takes away from that accomplishment. Also: the world sucks and is never fair.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Aside from what is already established as truth the rest and majority of that video is opinion, commentary and theories.

The part about a guy sharing his dream about astros stealing signs against the Rays was ridiculous.
You're fine dismissing those opinions and theories but when it comes to opinions and theories -- not facts -- of other teams cheating (besides the Sox), it's suddenly completely acceptable. I'm sure you're being fully objective.

• 3Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Justice for Bolsinger. Houston Asterisks have ruined lives and careers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

You're fine dismissing those opinions and theories but when it comes to opinions and theories -- not facts -- of other teams cheating (besides the Sox), it's suddenly completely acceptable. I'm sure you're being fully objective.
And you gargling as fact is equal laughable.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

Muurloen

Nearly half the teams in each league make the playoffs? Neat idea but pass.

If there were more teams in the league and less games then I think it would work.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

The idea of teams choosing their opponents is something I could get behind.

• 1Like