MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Sterling

El Presidente
You think they would have sorted this out already.
MLB really fucking this up bad. I mean they can probably play their home games at their spring training field or something, but the whole thing just seems so disorganized and with way too many moving parts compared to like the NBA. NBA putting everyone in 1 spot, doing constant testing etc. having 30 different locations with the requisite travel and shit is going to be a shitshow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Rachel Robinson turns 98 today

CE6976CC-47C5-4D5D-A814-A44C50BB5E07.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was a straight sports junkie about 6 months ago but I'm honestly getting deeper and deeper into "I don't really give a shit if they come back" land.
Same. I'm pretty much turning into a strictly MMA fanboy. They are the only ones staying away from the "woke" bullshit.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Mookie got paid. No way in hell Sox were going to be willing to agree to that type of deal.

Sterling

El Presidente
12 year 365 extension plus his pro rata of the 27 he's owed this season. Not the highest per season, but that's generational wealth for sure.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit
Not sure how to feel about this. So glad we locked him up for a while but holy shit that's a lot of years. Don't like this 10+ year contracts but he is one of the few that might be worth it. Hope we get a few Championships out of it. If so it will be worth it.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure how to feel about this. So glad we locked him up for a while but holy shit that's a lot of years. Don't like this 10+ year contracts but he is one of the few that might be worth it. Hope we get a few Championships out of it. If so it will be worth it.
I mean if he plays for the whole contract you're hoping to get so much out of the first 7-10 years that the last few are just a sunk cost. Also 10 years from now 30M a season might be 15-20M less than the top guys are making.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
The disaster scenario is that he's actually 31 and not 27 and starts to suck in 2 or 3 seasons like Pujols.

• 2Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Interesting stat on mlb XLM radio

Of the top 10 Largest contracts for position players only one has a WS ring. Arod

Of the top 10 largest contracts for starting pitchers 5 have WS with honorable mention to Kershaw who should have one for his 2 WS losses (1stolen)

Paying insane amounts for position players rarely works out if WS wins are your end goal.

I wonder how Manny and Bryce will do this year...

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The disaster scenario is that he's actually 31 and not 27 and starts to suck in 2 or 3 seasons like Pujols.

He gets too much hate for being the best player of this century.

Sterling

El Presidente
Guy was amazing, doesn't change the fact that he's slower than half the posters on this board now.

• 1Like