MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sure the Baseball-Tron 5000 AI can run the team just fine this season.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Basically since every player was involved and they have the union they are getting a pass. Should have suspended all the stars involved and vacated the championship.

Baring that I would have accepted more years of draft picks taken and the same amount of time limiting or not allowing free agency.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
WOAH.

CRANE JUST FIRED LUHNOW AND HINCH.

Wow but honestly not surprised. Wish some owners would have the guts to get rid of players when they fail steroid tests. They didn't touch players here because it would be WWIII with the players association. As for Cora he's going to get his too but it's going to be because of the Red Sox.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i expect cora to get suspended for at least a year, they cannot suspend the GM of the red sox due to him being on his first year and was not with the team when it happened

the reason why cora has not been suspended is there is a SEPARATE investigation about the Sox using the Replay booth during the regular season- in 2018- to steal the signs, not during the playoffs, there were monitors in place in the replay booth/room for the playoffs so they had to stop.

but i expect a similar punishment for Red Sox. Cora gone for a year, and probably 1 pick due to them NOT using it during the playoffs vs the Astros using it for the playoffs too.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
i expect cora to get suspended for at least a year, they cannot suspend the GM of the red sox due to him being on his first year and was not with the team when it happened

the reason why cora has not been suspended is there is a SEPARATE investigation about the Sox using the Replay booth during the regular season- in 2018- to steal the signs, not during the playoffs, there were monitors in place in the replay booth/room for the playoffs so they had to stop.

but i expect a similar punishment for Red Sox. Cora gone for a year, and probably 1 pick due to them NOT using it during the playoffs vs the Astros using it for the playoffs too.

Some think Cora will get even more than a year since he's implicated in the Astros report plus another investigation with the Red Sox.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
possibly, shrug, what comes comes. the teams cheated under his watch, gotta pay the price.

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
That's fine. If Cora brought his cheating shit over from Houston (and it's looking like he did) he deserves to be shit canned and I don't know anyone around here who feels otherwise. They've fired better, classier managers for far less so I don't see how he survives this even if MLB doesn't suspend him for a year.

Just keep the punishments consistent and apply them equally to everyone across the league.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since it is a Boston team involved in a cheating scandal, I hope that they suspend the entire franchise forever.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
2B5F3327-7862-494B-B222-E111A95A2BAC.jpeg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So they get caught blatantly cheating in a year they win the World Series but get to keep the championship? Worth it.

Yeah, not enough for me. I'm over you baseball.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They were never going to take away the title. Not a chance.

• 1Dislike

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They were never going to take away the title. Not a chance.

Meh, I'll edit it.

Good sir the integrity of the sport has already been tarnished enough over the years and this to me is the last straw. They've not only caught the Astros cheating and basically given them a hand slap and let them keep the rewards, they've also allowed Boston to get away with it, and have signaled to the world that you can cheat for World Championships. Somehow the NCAA has more integrity than MLB.

You're god damn right I'm salty.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So they get got blatantly cheating in a year they win the World Series but get to keep the championship? Worth it.

Yeah, not enough for me. I'm over you baseball.
Yep. Its not really a deterrant unfortunately. Players that were doing it dont get affected at all.

Going to lead to more of baseballs continuing decline.

• 2Like