MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean it was bound to happen after the Strasburg contract. Will it be awkward 6 years down the line? Entirely possible, but with their young core they can do an awful lot of winning before then though.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's about time they finally pulled the trigger on a big money FA. George would be proud.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Opt out after 5 for Cole. Now hoping Rendon happens quickly. I just want to thank baseball for making this off-season much more bearable than last. Last year was awful with how slow it moved.

Jon Heyman on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas just a moment ago was saying something along the lines of, "Dodgers love Rendon but are certainly focused on pitching. Phillies are out now after the Didi signing. Nationals say they may not be out, but they are. Braves won't wade that deep into the waters. So by proxy the Rangers seem to have a really good shot, as he doesn't quite believe the Angels are in on him as strongly as suggested."

When it comes to Boras clients, Jon Heyman is Boras' known funnel to the outside world.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

This should create an avalanche on 3rd basemen. Rangers, Braves, Nationals still need a 3rd baseman, prompting the potential trades of Kris Bryant and Arenado.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not surprised to see the Dodgers didn't win Cole but a 9 year contract is a yikes. We never seem go go after big pitching and it has hurt us repeatedly. Though not as much as the Astro's being cheating faggots.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Angels will be a "fun team to watch" but there just isn't enough there. They always do this; spend big, be above average maybe and never win. Talk is they are going after Kluber hard, but that's risky in itself. Even then, just not enough there. Trout, Ohtani, Rendon will be fun though!

Curious if someone will go 4 years for Donaldson. Apparently the Nats are in on him big time. Replacing Rendon with Donaldson really would be a solid rebound.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
But they're rarely above average even with those above average players. A's always outperform them with no-names. Love Trout as a player but wish he hitched his wagon to a better team. Trout always demolishes the A's but we crush the team as a whole.

Yes I'm a two-team-faggot that refers to both the Reds and A's as "we" but I think y'all have known that for like 9 years now.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
But they're rarely above average even with those above average players. A's always outperform them with no-names. Love Trout as a player but wish he hitched his wagon to a better team. Trout always demolishes the A's but we crush the team as a whole.

Yes I'm a two-team-faggot that refers to both the Reds and A's as "we" but I think y'all have known that for like 9 years now.
Yeah referring to the Angels as even "above average" is hard to do, especially in the current state of the AL West.

edit: Gardner and Yanks re-up for $12.5 million, with a $10 million team option for next year.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Angels are irrelevant. Missing on Rendon sucks right after Cole. I dont know what the Dodgers are doing but it looks like gearing up for another year of losing in October.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Rangers got Kluber for... wait for it... any Indians fans please leave now.... warning you....

Delino DeShields Jr. & Emmanuel Clase.

Mind is freaking blown the Angels, Padres, or Dodgers (or anyone really) didn't beat that. Delino is really a 4th OF on a legit contender. Clase has a lot of talent as a reliever (lots of movement, throws 102), but he has been in the bigs for a month and relievers are so sketchy.

Just a phenomenal get, even if Kluber sucks, well worth the risk/reward. I expect the Rangers to dig into the 3B market next. I would not count out Castellanos at 1B either.

Edit: Diamondbacks Nearing Agreement With Madison Bumgarner D-Backs doing Greinke shit again.

Last edited:

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Dodgers front office to the fans in the trade season:

1E29FB70-76E2-416C-A70A-545E2555D291.jpeg

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Rosenthal is saying the Indians' are asking teams for their final Lindor bids. He says they want to make an assessment this weekend to see if they want to move him. Seems like there is a good chance. Dodgers, Padres, and Reds are strongest in on him.

Sounds like a Josh Donaldson deal should be coming soon. Nationals & Twins are the favorite. Rangers apparently want Arenado. His splits worry me a bit, not sure why they wouldn't just go Lindor and move Andrus to 3B. Then again, Lindor is probably gonna cost a ton.