MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Lol, if baseball thinks caving to the mob is a good idea... Be my guest! Good luck with that, bud.

Lifelong fans hated you guys for '94. I'm sure this will go over well with your heavily conservative, white guy base. Aka the people who actually spend money on sports. Generally most of the older men in general are so insanely tired of this shit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm just gonna stop showing up to work and when they call me to ask where I've been I'm going to say "I'm ending police brutality."

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe we'll get a a fun deadline this year - Deadline is tomorrow at 4 ET.

20200830_140249.jpg

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Padres are going all in on this shortened season. It makes sense since they may make the playoffs. No need to carry so many prospects when they aren’t playing or getting better.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Starling Marte to the Marlins
Villar to Jays
Phelps to the Phillies
etc etc etc

Rangers have Lance Lynn, and Joey Gallo - They aren't even remotely close to competing, and knowing them I would not be surprised if they fucked up and held onto Lynn. Lynn, at bare minimum, should be traded. His value will never be better, but the Rangers are absolutely incredible at just being awfully mediocre. Organization is a disgrace to North Texas. Team desperately needs to clean house, land a top 3-5 draft pick and collect assets. Just look at what Preller has done in SD after leaving Texas.

Trade Lance Lynn you fuckers. *Apparently the Dodgers are ramping up efforts for him.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Astros arent gonna do shit this deadline, and I am actually thankful for it... sorta.

If anything they should trade Greinke away to off load his contract, and combo that with the expiring contracts of Brantley and Reddick, they could pay Springer and Guirrel this off season. And then when Verlander comes off of the books they can pay Correa.

Do it Click. Do it now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
He any good? Jays need that pitching bad with so many injuries. The young guns are starting to hit. Just needn BO back and some healthy arms and we can hold 8th for the last playoff spot.

Nice work by the padres as well.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mariners just cleaning house the last few days. I dont even know anyone on the roster anymore lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
He any good? Jays need that pitching bad with so many injuries. The young guns are starting to hit. Just needn BO back and some healthy arms and we can hold 8th for the last playoff spot.

Nice work by the padres as well.
He was decent a couple of years ago, but has been has bounced between average and terrible since then.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Great night for Dodgers fans

Sweep the Diamondbacks

Kershaw reaches 2500 Strikeouts and goes on to pass Christy Mathewson for all time strikeouts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Dodgers have been on a tear. Hopefully they can maintain it through the playoffs.

I am kind of torn about this season. I mean of course I hope the Dodgers win it all finally, but if they do it almost feels tainted cause it is such a shortened and fucked up season.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users