MMA Thread

Goatface

1606433897212.png

• 1Cutler
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More than likely it has to do with the money he is wanting rather than his diminished fighting ability. His name and reputation would bring eyeballs to those promotions and they'd gladly take him if he were cheap.

I mean shit, Mike Tyson and Roy Jones are fighting this weekend and it might be one of the biggest PPV events of the year. There are a lot more low IQ fight fans out there than smart ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He's fucking geriatric at this point.

Its sad. He must not have invested his money, or supported one too many cousins.

Every fighter has a shelf life. Many stay even after they expire, but the results are almost always terrible.

Which then spoils their legacy. I give Ben Asked credit. He did it the right way. He could have kept fighting for many more years but wisely hung it up knowing his own body

Every fighter is different though. Look at a guy like Overeem. A ton of people, including me thought he should of called it after losing to Rothwell. But he fought on. Then again he looked to be washed after his lip exploded. But nay, he proved us wrong and has continued quite successfully.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
He was in the talk for goat if he woulda retired years ago. He was so fun to watch and terrifying to face.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

i missed the 255 after fight presser, but dana said he supported and liked to see bigger fines for missed weight, but that isn't the ufc's decision. Also said he wasn't in a hurry to cut Perry. also also, said not going to happen anytime soon, but he and ufc have been kicking around Atom class for chicks.

=

MAIN CARD (ESPN2/ESPN+, 10 p.m. ET)
  • Devin Clark (204.5) vs. Anthony Smith (205)
  • Josh Parisian (265.5) vs. Parker Porter (263)
  • Miguel Baeza (171) vs. Takashi Sato (170)
  • Bill Algeo (146) vs. Spike Carlyle (145.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
  • Norma Dumont (139.5)* vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith (135.5)
  • Martin Day (135.5) vs. Anderson dos Santos (135)
  • Gina Mazany (125.5) vs. Rachael Ostovich (125.5)
  • Kai Kamaka III (145) vs. Jonathan Pearce (145.5)
  • Malcolm Gordon (126) vs. Su Mudaerji (126)
  • Nate Maness (139.5) vs. Luke Sanders (140) – 140-pound catchweight
*Dumont missed the women’s bantamweight limit and will be fined 30 percent of her purse.

=
not seen Josh Parisian fight, but he looked huge

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hah wow not even BK wants him, thats nuts.

Just low-balling and leveraging. He commands an extremely high fee.

At least 2 of those promotions are absolutely interested. Just not for Anderson Silva money.

He can still cash a little check in Japan even if he continues to overvalue himself.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Wow, way to throw Holm in before she is nearly ready for it.
I didn't know about this Rousey vs Holm UFC 193 fight until 2 hours ago, so I just watched it 3 times and was looking for "live" commentary from people here during that time. Found a 2 page spread the month before that was dunny to read waaaay after the fact. Not to throw you under the bus Ameraves Ameraves , you were just the first post in the topic for a few pages.

Edit: I like watching Rousey get punched in the face after watching her coach TUF, so I went hunting for it after hearing about the fight

• 1Worf