MMA Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I didn't know about this Rousey vs Holm UFC 193 fight until 2 hours ago, so I just watched it 3 times and was looking for "live" commentary from people here during that time. Found a 2 page spread the month before that was dunny to read waaaay after the fact. Not to throw you under the bus Ameraves Ameraves , you were just the first post in the topic for a few pages.

Edit: I like watching Rousey get punched in the face after watching her coach TUF, so I went hunting for it after hearing about the fight

Not like he was alone in that

How quick before she gets hip tossed? I think the fight will last about 26 seconds.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Ronda knocked her the fuck out.

i'd still take the under on that time.

Ambiturner said:

I gotta go with Holm via KO in the 2nd by head kick

• 1OK, Sure
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Has always been a nice pic

1606748122243.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I really didn't know that so many people hated Rousey, too. I wasn't watching UFC during her reign, so my first exposure to her was UFC3 on PS4 and The Ultimate Fighter. She's a cheating, arm-bar'in bitch in UFC3 and she was a petty, salty AF cunt during TUF.

Shevchenko is one of my favorites right now and after my wife and I watched the Rousey/Holm fight last night, she said "You think Holm could beat your girl?". I looked that up and saw that Shevchenko beat Holm by decision after 5 rounds. Is that fight worth watching?

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aside from the Rousey fight, I dont think there have been any exciting Holly Holm fights. Maybe Holm/Tate.

Holly does the same 2-3 combo every fight for the entire fight.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Aside from the Rousey fight, I dont think there have been any exciting Holly Holm fights. Maybe Holm/Tate.

Holly does the same 2-3 combo every fight for the entire fight.
Which is pretty much why I never feel like watching boxing matches, even though I boxed for a bit when I was younger. Holm was on the card of the first UFC fight I watched life and I remember nothing about it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I really didn't know that so many people hated Rousey, too. I wasn't watching UFC during her reign, so my first exposure to her was UFC3 on PS4 and The Ultimate Fighter. She's a cheating, arm-bar'in bitch in UFC3 and she was a petty, salty AF cunt during TUF.

Shevchenko is one of my favorites right now and after my wife and I watched the Rousey/Holm fight last night, she said "You think Holm could beat your girl?". I looked that up and saw that Shevchenko beat Holm by decision after 5 rounds. Is that fight worth watching?
holly is only good to watch at weigh ins
MmzMEmP.gif

photo13.jpg

you question of why ppl hated rousey, it all goes back to rogan

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't know about this Rousey vs Holm UFC 193 fight until 2 hours ago, so I just watched it 3 times and was looking for "live" commentary from people here during that time. Found a 2 page spread the month before that was dunny to read waaaay after the fact. Not to throw you under the bus Ameraves Ameraves , you were just the first post in the topic for a few pages.

Edit: I like watching Rousey get punched in the face after watching her coach TUF, so I went hunting for it after hearing about the fight
If I recall (this was forever ago), Holm only had 2 fights in the UFC before fighting Rousey, and neither of those wins were very convincing. At this time Ronda was just walking through people, and the thought of Holm, who was purely a striker, coming in and taking her out seemed incredibly far fetched. Clearly I was very wrong.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Looks like everyone was, for a good reason. The only reason I even quoted your post was because you were the first one in a line of people talking about it. Not trying to give anyone any shit, it was just interesting to read predictions waaaaaay after the fact.

And Ambiturner Ambiturner 's post above where he pretends to call it almost got me.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
TBF nobody knew her stupid fucking coach had convinced her that she was a world class striker.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
TBF nobody knew her stupid fucking coach had convinced her that she was a world class striker.
After my wife and I watched that fight the first time, I was reading Holly's wiki page about her history out loud and both of us laughed the whole way through it before putting the fight on 2 more times.

Holly Rene Holm (born October 17, 1981)[4] is an American mixed martial artist who competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. She is the former UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion, and a former professional boxer and kickboxer. She was a multiple-time world champion in boxing, defending her titles 18 times in three weight classes, and a two-time Ring magazine fighter of the year (2005, 2006).[5] She is ranked by BoxRec as the best female professional boxer of all time.[6] She has the notable distinction of being the first (and currently only) fighter to hold a world boxing title and a UFC title.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
After my wife and I watched that fight the first time, I was reading Holly's wiki page about her history out loud and both of us laughed the whole way through it before putting the fight on 2 more times.
oh guess you never saw this then
jSwjE66.gif

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

I'll never forget many of these because they're so cringe-inducing

AchingNearGrison-size_restricted.gif

KsQD.gif

I mean FFS, then I see this while looking for UFC era gifs and look how bad she is here. WAY TO SELL IT RONDA

629e066404f6e39c-600x338.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users