MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Due to the fact Ady moved up and fought for the 205 title, there is a theory Jones vacated to avoid an Izzy matchup.

Izzy talked, walked it. Jones rushed to HW without a deal in place, even dropping the title before any talks were had.

It's extremely suspicious. If he's not ducking Izzy then its plain stupidity. I have it as a duck due to the talk Izzy and Jones had. Jones kept saying na na na, you don't want it. Izzy is all mouth, this and that. Then he moves up and fights 205 title in a very suspicious timeline. Jones is a duck.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Jon Jones should have taken the $8M, it's way more than he deserves. The idea that he'd duck anyone seems silly though, he's the most dominant cheater in UFC history.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He just got obliterated in his last 2 fights. Izzy is another hot guns on the come up, plenty of reason I'd say.

Ego.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm no Jones fanboy but I'm pretty sure even the current version of him would have smoked Adesanya at 205.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
He just got obliterated in his last 2 fights. Izzy is another hot guns on the come up, plenty of reason I'd say.

Ego.
Hyperbole much?

He no doubt did not look great, and arguably lost a decision in one of them. But obliterated, come on.

Plus he still was going to have all of this advantages over Izzy, most notably size and length.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Jones is definitely not as good as he was and I would bet carrying all that new weight is gonna fuck with him pretty hard in the ring

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jones is definitely not as good as he was and I would bet carrying all that new weight is gonna copulate with him pretty hard in the ring

I was thinking he might throw teeps at HW, and then realize too late that his speed and balance is too low to regroup after a teep.

There's a reason why no HW throws teeps. The cutoff for that strike is 205.

I feel like Travis Browne was the only guy using teeps at HW and he was doing it due to his massive height and reach, allowing him to fully commit forward because he can follow-up with KO power. Like a Goliath that couldn't be countered.

Jones won't be able to follow-up off a teep like Browne.

Jones teeping Ngannou just isn't going to be effective given Ngannou's reach. He might land a few just because Ngannou is still perfecting his game and can be timid at times.

This is one of Jones marquee weapons we're talking about-- his bread and butter strike.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was thinking he might throw teeps at HW, and then realize too late that his speed and balance is too low to regroup after a teep.

There's a reason why no HW throws teeps. The cutoff for that strike is 205.

I feel like Travis Browne was the only guy using teeps at HW and he was doing it due to his massive height and reach, allowing him to fully commit forward because he can follow-up with KO power. Like a Goliath that couldn't be countered.
i'm sure overreem teep'd

i remember a jds teep that sent rothwell across the ring.

i remember volkov finishing harris with a teep

or maybe theyre more like front kicks

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
i'm sure overreem teep'd

tumblr_o5fuhgwze91upwz95o1_400.gifv

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i'm sure overreem teep'd

Most of those are front snap kicks. Push kicks, and using your entire foot, sole and all to fully commit your entire weight.

Actual teeps with teep of the foot are extremely uncommon to nonexistent at HW due to the agility involved and how fast you need to reset.

I'm interested to see if Jones even throws one against Ngannou.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea, b4 stipe 2,

everyone expected
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

and stipes d1 wrestling or whatever
MiocicNgannou.gif

i really thought it'd take nganou years to reach stipes level of striking.

but i guess nganaou really put in the time, he just put guys away so fast after his lost to stipe and the mental breakdown he had w/ black beast that we didn't see his progress.

but i'd still favor jon jones.

Goatface

wtf
1617336458426.png

=

The Venum era starts today for UFC fighters. has a story on the slight pay bump the fighters receive as a result of the new deal: https://es.pn/3uejWSo Here is the payment structure breakdown, which was sent to all fighters (or their reps) this AM:
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1377609819885031424/photo/1
1617336501985.png

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Good news, everyone! The finger has been located, and has been reunited with its hand!

People were saying that they thought it was gone completely, and they were searching outside the ring for it.

It almost looked to me like it got bent backwards, over the back of his hand, inside of the glove somehow? Some sources where saying they found the wayward finger inside of his glove later.

mild finger gore

1617365299310.png