MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Good god that's terrible. My buddy just spent an hour looking and couldn't find anything for 261 either.

All I've got so far is the official poster. I'll engrave this one tonight and keep my eyes open for better fan art in the mean time.
View attachment 345325
the good stuff comes out fight week usually, bosslogic will most likely put out something, it's a 3 champ titlefight ufc, everyone will put out something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jones track record of fucking up before a fight is something the UFC has to take into account also. He should have taken the 8-10 mill they were offering him. I feel they are being more than generous. Going public never works also.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Shit pay each fighter 5 mil with the winner getting an extra 15 mil. That would up the stakes big time and really force JJ to put up or shut up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Dana has no reason to pay him more, and every reason not to.

He'll happily just /shrug, offer Jones whatever he feels like is fair, and if Jones says 'no', he'll be telling the media that 'He just doesn't want to fight'. I mean, FFS, that's already what he's doing.

This is just some ridiculous attempt at bargaining.

If Jones wanted more pay, and the UFC didn't want to pay him, he should have left for Bellator or whoever instead of signing the contract he did. That's when he would have had the most leverage. The UFC doesn't want their top names leaving to go headline somewhere else. But he signed the contract he is now unhappy fighting under, and now Dana has the option to offer him nothing but shit fights, if that's what he wants to do.

The fucked up thing is that I agree with Dana. Take the tune-up fight. Annihilate some gatekeeper at HW and generate some buzz before fighting Ngannou. That would be the smart play at this point. But instead we get Jones having given up at LHW after some lackluster boring fights and now wanting to move into HW when there's other talents getting developed.

If Jones doubles down on his past threat to sit his contract out, then he loses all that time and he has that much less time left in his prime. And after Jones last 2 fights or so, is Dana going to mind letting Jones walk after the current contract is up? Maybe he can go have more exciting fights cleaning out a division in Bellator...or losing as he gets older and sliding into his future role as Anderson Silva 2.0

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It really should be Francis vs Lewis, and then Stipe vs Jones for the next title shot. Jones should have to at least fight one fight at heavyweight to get a title shot, but sadly this hasn't been the way UFC has done it for other division champs.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jones track record of fucking up before a fight is something the UFC has to take into account also. He should have taken the 8-10 mill they were offering him. I feel they are being more than generous. Going public never works also.

Proposal hits this week-- so by Friday we'll see where Jones stands on the offer.

He hasn't got the official proposal yet, merely was just was thrown a 8-10mil "heads up", which he said not to bother to come at him with.

He's looking for McGregor event money, tune of 15-30 mil. He's probably going to lash out again this week when he gets the proposal. Also the UFC asked him to shut up during negotiations, but he keeps talking. This is going sour quick.

If Jones never fights again, I won't be surprised.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dana has no reason to pay him more, and every reason not to.

He'll happily just /shrug, offer Jones whatever he feels like is fair, and if Jones says 'no', he'll be telling the media that 'He just doesn't want to fight'. I mean, FFS, that's already what he's doing.

This is just some ridiculous attempt at bargaining.

If Jones wanted more pay, and the UFC didn't want to pay him, he should have left for Bellator or whoever instead of signing the contract he did. That's when he would have had the most leverage. The UFC doesn't want their top names leaving to go headline somewhere else. But he signed the contract he is now unhappy fighting under, and now Dana has the option to offer him nothing but shit fights, if that's what he wants to do.

The fucked up thing is that I agree with Dana. Take the tune-up fight. Annihilate some gatekeeper at HW and generate some buzz before fighting Ngannou. That would be the smart play at this point. But instead we get Jones having given up at LHW after some lackluster boring fights and now wanting to move into HW when there's other talents getting developed.

If Jones doubles down on his past threat to sit his contract out, then he loses all that time and he has that much less time left in his prime. And after Jones last 2 fights or so, is Dana going to mind letting Jones walk after the current contract is up? Maybe he can go have more exciting fights cleaning out a division in Bellator...or losing as he gets older and sliding into his future role as Anderson Silva 2.0

Complete rehash, but like we all said before its not like he was wrecking shop at 205. He arguably lost his last 2 fights. The UFC would be more willing to up the money if Jones was obliterating guys at 205. He wasn't.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1617248758775.png

gray in his early 30's.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lulz look at the old preview poster
9cfa5b61d9bc49ceb730be4e721a1903.jpg

and now the official poster

9e2e068e7106e71c89a7ffdaa3ef5cf5.jpg

notice the difference? wei li and rose are now the co-mains

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im like 20% grey almost and im 36. My grandfather was looking like Anderson Cooper by the time he was 45.

Some people just grey sooner than others.

The Chinese lady is going to crush Rose.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My college roommate was snow-white by 24. I have basically none at 42. There's a lot of variability. Also, beards tend to show first, so you don't see it in clean-shaven guys.

Jozu

I have a huge patch of grey on the left side of my beard right under my chin. Its kind of strange looking but I refuse to dye my fucking hair like a woman.

edit: I heard grey hair can be induced by high levels of stress?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
whats the grey hair by the temple style called?

d05e4dc603ea42489649c3dbfee81d5b.png

i'm by no means complaining, better grey than bald

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Chinese lady is going to crush Rose.
Joanna fought Zhang to a split decision that legitimately could have gone either way, Rose beat Joanna twice with a TKO and a UD. I think Zhang is likely the favorite, but don't sleep on Rose.

Jozu

Rose is hard-core, I respect her. I just feel like the Chinese Lady is in another dimension. Her fight with Joanna was one of the best fights in MMA history, i just don't think Rose will be able to absorb that amount of punishment over 5 rounds.

Joanna did but left looking like a fu*king extraterrestrial.