MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
had to look up what you were talking about, celebration injuries put such a big smile on my face

There will be the video of him holding his busted knee if the background while Frevola is trying to fight the ref soon. I laughed too. Specially someone saying Johnny Walker knows all too well.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Anthony Anderson Emmys 2019 GIF by Emmys

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Edwards clinched up and he's such a technical striker, Nate was a bit tentative at the end there.

No judges scoring that 10-8 is criminal, but we're used to that by now.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
The announcers just said his elbow was dislocated. Put back in place backstage and Hill is fine now. Ligaments still fucked.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
"Just dislocated". I'd rather have a broken bone than a bad dislocation like that. The soft tissues are never the same again.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah diaz definately showed his ring rust there not going in for the kill on edwards. i also thought he was maybe wary of the romero style "oh i'm hurt plz rush me" fakey, but it just looked like nate was surprised he rocked him and didn't know how to capitalise. which is weird for his experience level, but this sport more than any other needs the weapons constantly honed or the edge fades and that 1% fights sometimes come down to is not there.

loved the moreno / fig fight, and i'm stoked for moreno. such a cool dude, a huge heart and he definately took the hard road to the title. fig was all class in the aftermath as well. these 2 are like gremlins fighting, gizmo vs stripe (hairstyle appropriate) with the good mogwai coming out on top.

adeanya and vettori was pretty much as expected. vettori with no check defence, and how good is adesanyas take down defence and scrambles? you see how wide he makes his legs when basing and theres no way to pick someone up from there, vettori was at full wingspan just trying to contain the spread. i'm surprised no one comes up between the legs with the arm for the dump, but i'm no wrestler so what do i know? also you see how effective adesanyas leg kick fakes are, they literally stop people's attacks in their tracks, his bluff skill is maxxed for sure. can't wait for bobby knuckles to take another crack at a legit potential long term champion.

adding that dobell vs riddel fight was great. dobell has a head like an indestructible brick, and you can see city kickboxing all over riddels striking style, closer and more thai style because he has shorter limbs, but the movement and precision striking is absolutely there.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user