Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Tito is going to get TKO'd

b57.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tito is a great case study for when you mix mental retardation with brain damage.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

1628871625944.png

=

UFC ‘leaning towards’ Rose Namajunas vs Zhang Weili rematch, champ back in training camp
Strawweight title rematch is reportedly in the works for the fourth quarter of 2021

=

UFC wants to book Sean O’Malley versus Frankie Edgar next. Maybe even for the MSG show on Nov. 6. TBD on if it will happen.- Ariel Helwani

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
UFC wants to book Sean O’Malley versus Frankie Edgar next. Maybe even for the MSG show on Nov. 6. TBD on if it will happen.- Ariel Helwani
I don't see how O'Malley doesn't just absolutely crush Edgar, barring a snapped ankle with his awkward as fuck footwork/feints. Edgar is the epitome of washed up.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Basically he wants to fight lower competition at more primetime spots on more prestigious cards. If he blasts a no-namer with a highlight reel KO he builds his fame and notoriety more and more. He gets paid the same no matter who he fights, so he wants the easy KOs.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Basically he wants to fight lower competition at more primetime spots on more prestigious cards. If he blasts a no-namer with a highlight reel KO he builds his fame and notoriety more and more. He gets paid the same no matter who he fights, so he wants the easy KOs.
Yup. He also stands to gain fight bonuses via this as well. Can't say that I really blame the dude.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
it's not a bad niche. ninja shit is awesome to watch but doesn't work for top 5. he can farm low level dungeons all day and look good doing it to leverage decent pay.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Too bad thats not how this game works.

The "Sugar" Show apparently really is sweet, because blasting cans is some bitch ass shit. You cant just shortcut the fight game like that. How can you enhance your standing when you dont fight the best in the world? You cant. So eventually his little plan is going to fizzle out, as you cannot simply ride highlight reels and fan buzz. Fight fans are pretty shrewd, we arent idiots, people arent going to respect what he is doing.

He could get even more recognition if he knocks out those ranked opponents. If things went OMalleys way there would be no rankings. The whole reason there are rankings is to be able to measure opponents standing within their weight class en route to the title.

Saying you dont want the title because you arent making enough money is dog water.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
He reminds me of the E4s that would turn down taking PLDC and going for their E5 because they didn't think the pay increase was worth the extra bullshit, drama and responsibility.

The issue for Sean is that Dana also doesn't have to give him a better contract when his current one expires, nor does he have to agree to put his fights on the big cards.

Part of me hopes that it's frustrating for Dana, because frankly Dana deserves a lot of shit for how they railroad fighters on pay. But long-term, career-wise, I don't think his plan of crushing cans in perpetuity is going to work out very well.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He reminds me of the E4s that would turn down taking PLDC and going for their E5 because they didn't think the pay increase was worth the extra bullshit, drama and responsibility.

The issue for Sean is that Dana also doesn't have to give him a better contract when his current one expires, nor does he have to agree to put his fights on the big cards.

Part of me hopes that it's frustrating for Dana, because frankly Dana deserves a lot of shit for how they railroad fighters on pay. But long-term, career-wise, I don't think his plan of crushing cans in perpetuity is going to work out very well.
Did he actually say he wants to crush cans forever, or did he just say he's fine with it for now?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
seems like a good way to not get a new contract when it comes around

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
He sed he will crush cans as long as he believes he is underpaid.

So...forever?

LOL

The fuckin' UFC, man.

It still blows my mind when you get fighters go to Bellator and they talk about how well Bellator pays and treats them.

They make money like they're the Nintendo of MMA, but they still fight tooth and claw with almost every fighter over pay.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol yea, it would be funny if Dana purposely low balled him during his next contract talks.

Would be even funnier if they cut him and he went to Bellator or something and won a few fights and then Dana offers him a big contract.