MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lol @ Dana not being able to finish his "story". Like hes is Vince McMahon or something lmao.

Check this disgusting 2 punch combo, to the body then head with other hand. A ridiculous one two.

yea we don't need promotion or hype or something for the general public to grasp on to, just let 2 mooks in a cage swing wildly

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is a difference between a crafted storyline and a naturally created narrative that plays out.

Example.

One guy beats the other by savage KO.

Loser wants rematch and wins the second fight by brutal KO himself, evening the score. Bad blood is created (like Conor and Dustin) and the trilogy fight gets fans hype. People want to see the outcome of this years in the making trilogy. It is an organic unfolding of exciting events that is the very essence of sport.

Then there is Dana making interim champions because so and so didnt accept a fight, or was too injured to fight, and then goes to the media to solidify his talking points. Thats Dana's "story" shit. Big difference. Letting 2 mooks into a cage and letting them swing wildly allows narratives to unfold genuinely.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he's just as good off the bottom as he is off the top

how do you know this

i've trained with him for 7 years

i'm the captain of aka

meanwhile tj is the only one actually watching the fight

Goatface

Dillashaw said he will be ready to train in 3 months and wants title fight in early 2022.

saw somewhere, O’Malley is now 25th most popular ufc fighter by Instagram followers (maybe all social)
seem to recall ny taxes are like 12% more. after they moved jon jones card from vegas to la, someone said it cost them an extra 18%.
Chandler said fight with Gaethje might be off as nyc require vac and he won't get before then. Gaethje said ny sucks and hopes the event gets moved.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Dillashaw said he will be ready to train in 3 months and wants title fight in early 2022.

saw somewhere, O’Malley is now 25th most popular ufc fighter by Instagram followers (maybe all social)
seem to recall ny taxes are like 12% more. after they moved jon jones card from vegas to la, someone said it cost them an extra 18%.
Chandler said fight with Gaethje might be off as nyc require vac and he won't get before then. Gaethje said ny sucks and hopes the event gets moved.
omally must have a shit contract, since he was found from that "dana white finding a fighter" or whatever, i'm sure they get shit contracts just like tuf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
UFC should revamp fighter pay and be open about it. They could post the salaries of fighters out in the open like the NFL and NBA MLB etc and have a "rookie pay scale" and other guidelines and incentives that shape contract value.

Maybe have something like, if fighter reaches 10 UFC fights, they trigger an automatic veterans minimum going forward as well as a 4 fight guarantee or something. If a fighter reaches 10 stoppages, maybe they get a 200k bonus and shit like that.

If they are making money the fighters should. if the shows are dog water and ppv sales lag for the year then the fighters wont make as much money. Problem solved. Guys pretty much understand what they should earn, ala QB's in the NFL compared to RB's. Porier, Usman, Diaz, Oliveira and guys like that are QB class, and then you have Michael Chiesa who is like a RB2 and O'Malley is somewhere in the middle. Then guys couldnt complain and just have to get results and PPV traction in order to really get paid.

But who knows, maybe Dana would then be a faggot and cut guys after their 9th fight coming off a loss etc.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thing about the UFC, is that there is just one owner/franchise, whereas with all the other major sports you have 30+ franchises bidding for a players talents. So, the UFC only loses by bidding against themselves by being open about money and salaries.

The fighters must force the UFC's hand with a full and total work stoppage and form a union. A lot of things would be on the table for negotiation, but as a fan I would like to see two things: Negotiated revenue share and health insurance/pensions.

So far, the fighters have tried to play hardball has individuals and they have all lost. They get a loss or two, Dana shit talks them, the promotion buries them, and they get kicked out the back door of the company. Even Jon Jones the sports GOAT comes off as the greedy or bad guy in all of this. Dana is a master class shyster.

The best commentary I have ever heard on the issue was JRE MMA Show #98 with Luke Thomas. They go deep on the issue.

Goatface

omally must have a shit contract, since he was found from that "dana white finding a fighter" or whatever, i'm sure they get shit contracts just like tuf
1628628385238.png

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Dillashaw said he will be ready to train in 3 months

That's fucking bananas. When I had my meniscus repaired (bucket handle, lateral, so similar injury) I was on crutches and zero weight bearing for 3 months. I didn't have full license for athletics until 9 months, and it retrospect even that was relatively aggressive. Those tissues can't heal that fast. I really hope it works for him, but he's definitely rolling the dice here.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's fucking bananas. When I had my meniscus repaired (bucket handle, lateral, so similar injury) I was on crutches and zero weight bearing for 3 months. I didn't have full license for athletics until 9 months, and it retrospect even that was relatively aggressive. Those tissues can't heal that fast. I really hope it works for him, but he's definitely rolling the dice here.
what happened to tj again? hes got that full prawn cast

Goatface

what happened to tj again? hes got that full prawn cast

he said with was after he got out of Sandhagen's leg lock and in the scramble to get back on his feet it poped. medial meniscus bucket handle tear, a lateral meniscus tear, and a PCL tear

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So fucking dumb. Go make that money I guess.

i'm pretty postitive tito is a councilman, lulz

*edit
oh he gave up