MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like Gane hasnt really been tested, which is a testament to how good he actually is. His ahtleticism and technique have served him well from the standpoint of him not taking damage. We dont really know what kind of chin he has. He has taken a few shots here and there, but overall we havent seen him in any real trouble, so we dont know how he will respond when it inevitably happens. In fact, his career has went SO well, its almost like he is still unproven, on the eve of a title bout.

If Ngannou chin checks him, Ill be curious to see how he reacts. WIll he take the shot well and just continue on with his original gameplan? Or will he lose composure and be drawn into a brawl? WIll he shell up and fight super conservative? Who knows, but if there is anyone who can force him to answer these questions its Ngannou.

People forget Ngannou isn't opposed to a staring match either. He's fine not engaging and just circling. How is Gane going to deal with that given how much range and power Ngannou wields? It's a major deterrent to closing distance when Ngannou will refuse to come forward and just circles and steps out of the pocket repeatedly. Ngannou could easily do another staring match and win a decision.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
People forget Ngannou isn't opposed to a staring match either. He's fine not engaging and just circling. How is Gane going to deal with that given how much range and power Ngannou wields? It's a major deterrent to closing distance when Ngannou will refuse to come forward and just circles and steps out of the pocket repeatedly. Ngannou could easily do another staring match and win a decision.
ngannou is pissed at the leaked sparring footage of cyril looking better than him, he's not gonna go and stare down his old team mate and coach

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Francis has a reach advantage, but I've never seen a heavyweight keep range with his legs like Gane. There's zero chance Gane is going to "brawl" Francis. Look at how he fought Lewis. Francis is going to have to get risky and hope he catches him with a bomb. That's the only shot he has, otherwise Gane is just going to murder him with legs and "point" fighting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For the record Shane beat Brock the ref screwed him.
eeeehhhhhh. It's plain to see in retrospect that Carwin wasn't doing any serious damage to Lesnar, just gassing himself punching Brock's arms. Lesnar may have been getting roughed up but he was still intelligently defending himself, managed to pull a half-guard at one point, and even got back to his feet.

If Carwin had the least bit of ground training I'm sure he could secured a finish, but he didn't.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
eeeehhhhhh. It's plain to see in retrospect that Carwin wasn't doing any serious damage to Lesnar, just gassing himself punching Brock's arms. Lesnar may have been getting roughed up but he was still intelligently defending himself, managed to pull a half-guard at one point, and even got back to his feet.

If Carwin had the least bit of ground training I'm sure he could secured a finish, but he didn't.

Not to mention Carwin's sponsor sued him for throwing the fight and didn't want to pay out.

Something was up. You need to remember all Carwin's other fights and review some tape. The guy threw fucking hammers. The Carwin that showed up to that Lesnar fight wasn't throwing full power. Nobody can convince me of that and a lot of people feel the same way. It may have been a Pat Barry vs Crocop situation. He wanted to give Brock a sportsman's fight and something for the fans. Admiration for Lesnar, knowing the fight is just to get Lesnar over further. The Lesnar momentum, and so forth. All reasons for Pat Barry taking it easy and throwing. Why could Carwin not do the same thing? Pull a Pat Barry and go 70% power and don't take finishes.

Why wasn't Carwin picking his shots on that GnP? Also there are other moments in the fight that don't jive with the power Carwin typically had at the time. You check some tape of Carwin's other fights and they don't jive with the Carwin that showed up to the Lesnar fight. 70% power, punching arms, not making shots on the feet he would usually make. So much was off about that fight. Including the thumbs-up wink before the next round opened.

Last edited:

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
"This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like."

1641957791962.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

No shot this fight happens. Sterling knows he's a fucking pretend "champion" and doesn't want the fuckin' smoke Yan will bring him, because he'll get embarrassed and exposed. This bullshit is eventually going to just lead to an interim match between Yan and T.J.

Goatface

No shot this fight happens. Sterling knows he's a fucking pretend "champion" and doesn't want the fuckin' smoke Yan will bring him, because he'll get embarrassed and exposed. This bullshit is eventually going to just lead to an interim match between Yan and T.J.

think sterling has talked so much shit, he thinks he was winning the last fight. pretty sure the fight will happen, probably will be his biggest payday. plus if he doesn't will be a year and month from last fight and he would get stripped. dillashaw will probably be called up if one of them has to pull out

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
plus if he doesn't will be a year and month from last fight and he would get stripped. dillashaw will probably be called up if one of them has to pull out
This is what's going to happen. Sterling can still "talk shit" and pretend he's better than Yan if he never has to "prove it". T.J. and Yan will fight for an interim belt, Sterling will get the winner and he's going to pray it's T.J. If Yan wins, you might see a unified fight between Cory and Yan at some point - depending on how close T.J./Yan is.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I guess I really haven't watched Sterling fight other than that last Yan fight so I don't really know....but that guy can't really think he has a shot at beating Yan, Right?! That fight is all I have to go on for him, but he looked absolutely outclassed in a way that's not likely to change with another year or two of training.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Is it true Yan can't make it for 272 because he is unvaccinated? If so, you can't fault Sterling, even tho I bet Sterling is relieved and happy about it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I guess I really haven't watched Sterling fight other than that last Yan fight so I don't really know....but that guy can't really think he has a shot at beating Yan, Right?! That fight is all I have to go on for him, but he looked absolutely outclassed in a way that's not likely to change with another year or two of training.
He tapped Sandman, which Cory admits wasn't his best fight, but that ain't "nothing"(it's how he got the title fight against Yan). He also has a win over Munhoz, but the Aldo fight should show that Munhoz is WAY past his prime.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he knows he has no shot, he's trying to draw it out to the point of not being stripped

he's basically a smaller tyron woodley

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is it true Yan can't make it for 272 because he is unvaccinated? If so, you can't fault Sterling, even tho I bet Sterling is relieved and happy about it.
273 was gonna be garbage until volkanovski vs kz was announced

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
All I am saying is if Yan was the reason it got rescheduled, how can you blame Sterling? If it got rescheduled to make a lesser card better, again, not Sterling dodging it. Is Sterling a piece of shit and deserve a beat down, absolutely

Goatface

All I am saying is if Yan was the reason it got rescheduled, how can you blame Sterling? If it got rescheduled to make a lesser card better, again, not Sterling dodging it. Is Sterling a piece of shit and deserve a beat down, absolutely
1642110998260.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user