MMA Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Isn't Ajamianabingbong Sterling the guy that faked an injury in a fight to get a belt?
He threw the belt on the floor of the octagon when it was first given to him. Correct move, much respect.

The day after, he started acting like he was a champ, partying and posting pictures with the belt, etc. Total douche move.

I don't even fault the guy for not wanting to continue the fight after the illegal hit. Up to the fighter, IMO. It wasn't until he decided to embrace the Champ shit that I thought he was a total fucking douche because EVERYONE knows he was getting fucking smoked in that fight. He wouldn't have lost any respect from me if he stuck with the mindset that caused him to throw the belt on the floor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hmmm, I don't even know which direction I'd go on that one. What is it you hate again? :trollface:
from his last post here, i would say treadmills

7005fb3d7bae799cb7e16b0674d0a19a.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

Francis said if he wins, he won't fight under the champ clause. if i understood correctly, champ clause lasts 5 years and has some sort of reset when they offer him a fight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Francis said if he wins, he won't fight under the champ clause. if i understood correctly, champ clause lasts 5 years and has some sort of reset when they offer him a fight.
lulz the ufc has super lawyers, and francis with his wesley snipes pay no taxes mentality is not gonna end well

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Just the possibility of a UFC Champ throwing a fight to get out of the champion's clause...mind bottling

please let this happen

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If Fury really wants to do a boxing match in 4oz gloves, I don't blame him for wanting to get out of that contract. He'll make a ton more money boxing Fury even if he does lose to him.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
$100 says Dana uses PEDs.
I was JUST thinking he should have addressed that in the video. He needs to say something like "Are you fucking kidding me? Have you seen pictures of me from 20 years ago? Of fucking course I do, dipshit. I'm also not fighting competitively in a regulated sport where they're banned, you absolute fucking moron."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'd honestly rather that PEDs were legal and administered in a consistent and safe way by official doctors. For what MMA athletes put their body through, PEDs absolutely make the training safer and more sustainable. Plus the matches would be better.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd honestly rather that PEDs were legal and administered in a consistent and safe way by official doctors. For what MMA athletes put their body through, PEDs absolutely make the training safer and more sustainable. Plus the matches would be better.
legal PEDs = mandatory PEDs

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Thats fair. DW said Ngannou "owes us one more fight". Here's the thing, he didn't specify if he meant thats one more fight AFTER this fight.

If he meant after this fight, then its going to be a problem. Im hoping UFC just meant get past thus fight, but part of me felt the context from Dana White was "you owe us one more fight after Ciryl" i just got some bad vibe from the "you owe us another fight after this thing.... hope they don't ram it up ngannous ass for giving them trouble earlier this year.