MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its not my fault Ive under-estimated Omalley, look at the way he has acted with the Chito vera shit and to a lesser extent the eye poke garbage with Pedro. When a fighter over-sells himself I take pause, the only one Ive ever seen do that and back it up is Floyd Mayweather. But perhaps Sean's fists are catching up to his mouth, because a win over Yan is HUGE.

The fact that Yan even allowed Omalley to get as close as he did is perhaps an indictment on Petr. He should have been able to dominate Omalley on paper, the problem was Suga Seans scramble ability is A tier. He got up and out of every single one of Yans takedowns. Petr wasnt able to generate much at all, not able to do any real damage. Not only that but Sean out struck Petr, which is something as people were saying Yan might be the "best boxer in the UFC".

Omalley has also done a good job with being able to mitigate leg kicks. Petr and his team targeted his legs right away, he threw like 5 or 6 leg kicks in the opening exchange of the 1st round. Instead of letting that bother him or badly damage him, Sean was able to keep his composure and put himself in good positions. He didnt check many of Yans kicks, but he was able to overcome a concerted effort by one of the best strikers in the division to take out his legs. That combined with exceptional scramble ability is a pretty good recipe for success. If he can further sharpen his takedown defense, he could be a real problem for any fighter.

He needs to beat Vera first before he gets a title shot though.

gak

<Gold Donor>
I assumed Yan would get the decision but if you rely on the judges prepare to be disappointed, like I was with T.J. for not slithering out of his fight months ago when he knew his shoulder was destroyed.

a.gif

b.gif

• 1Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Having collapsed at the end of the bout, Harris was removed from the ring on a stretcher and immediately rushed to the hospital. He was later determined to have suffered the results of cardiac arrest, severe dehydration and kidney failure during the contest with Slice. Following two weeks of hospitalization, Harris was released on March 2, 2016
who has that happen and think, its been 6 and half years, this will be good

1666646623623.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
who has that happen and think, its been 6 and half years, this will be good

View attachment 439632
I thought this guy died.

He had a heart attack in the cage against Kimbo here in Houston.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

1666713560677.png

edit
UFC 284 February 12, 2023 Perth, Australia
long ass time away, but apparently they want sterling/cejudo and volkanovski/makhachev

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
how is arlovski still fighting?
3a37657643e851c96f0e69db26c6fcbf.png

Went over this last year. They're afraid Arlovski will neck after his career or if he's cut.

He has a history of suicide ideation, so UFC handles him with kid gloves.

They don't need the bad press.

• 1WTF

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The real time to ask that question was after his five fight losing streak in 2018/early 2019. He's been 6-2 since then.

He'll never be ranked again but I don't see the problem with letting him be a gate-keeper for up and comers as long he's still healthy and has the will to fight.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Went over this last year. They're afraid Arlovski will neck after his career or if he's cut.

He has a history of suicide ideation, so UFC handles him with kid gloves.

They don't need the bad press.

I honestly don't remember that.

FFS

He's had some really terrible loss streaks. So I can see why he'd think about it.

But that motherfucker is still out there banging. He's on a 4 win streak. I give him an incredible amount of respect, and I hope he can someday retire and feel satisfied in everything he's accomplished.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The real time to ask that question was after his five fight losing streak in 2018/early 2019. He's been 6-2 since then.

He'll never be ranked again but I don't see the problem with letting him be a gate-keeper for up and comers as long he's still healthy and has the will to fight.

Where was the old lions treatment for JDS then? If you use that argument-- JDS only lost to top 5 contenders on his slide.

There's a reason they feared cutting Arlovski when he was on his slide.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Where was the old lions treatment for JDS then? If you use that argument-- JDS only lost to top 5 contenders on his slide.

jds' best fight in 6 years was when he molly wopped rothwell for 5rounds

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I wasn't saying the suicide thing was wrong.

Homsar

Is AA really that fucked in the head? The dude did get knocked out constantly so wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE

Jozu

Im not sure if Jayrebb is a schizophrenic or just a fucking 4d chess master who plays a glass armonica in his free time.

Ive never heard of Arlovski being suicidal. Offering up that he is only still on the roster because the UFC is worried about him killing himself if he is let go is fucking absurd. Dana wouldnt give two FUCKS if they found him dead in a trash can 48 hours after the fact.

He is fighting because he still is pretty good.

edit: I dont underestimate the power of CTE by the way, my point is more geared toward the fact that Dana doesnt care about Arlovski. I wonder what he is getting paid?