MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

lulz a super vet like andrei and he only eaks out 21k from rebok

hey whatever happened to those bitcoin payouts? haha
think $42k is the max, which is probably less than prelim fighters made from condomdepot lol

only remember seeing this, as there was less than a handful of sites covering it, while everyone covered the announcement

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol wow. Arlovski getting paid peanuts. But yeah Dana is def being held hostage by his CTE lol.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Im not sure if Jayrebb is a schizophrenic or just a fucking 4d chess master who plays a glass armonica in his free time.

Ive never heard of Arlovski being suicidal. Offering up that he is only still on the roster because the UFC is worried about him killing himself if he is let go is fucking absurd. Dana wouldnt give two FUCKS if they found him dead in a trash can 48 hours after the fact.

He is fighting because he still is pretty good.

edit: I dont underestimate the power of CTE by the way, my point is more geared toward the fact that Dana doesnt care about Arlovski. I wonder what he is getting paid?

Never heard of it, yet it's on the MMA reddit with a few clicks

1666807639383.png

1666807653620.png

1666807700367.png

He's played Russian Roulette twice. Once after Fedor, then Rodgers. Original interview with quotes is pulled as it's been several years.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's at least 2 suicide attempts on record. He's a headcase.

As a former UFC Champ that was relevant (you were too young, or not watching the sport then) they handle him with kid gloves because of this.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Former champs get treated differently by media.

Evan Tanner necking it was a big deal even though he hadn't been at the top in awhile. They don't want those headlines.

The fallout was major over Evan Tanner. It's not my fault you have a goldfish memory.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole

Yeah I don't think it's Andrei's head problems that are keeping him in. It's the fact he's taking a lot less than other former champs for fights ( shit, even guys who were never champs kept asking for massive payouts. Overeem for example: Dana White on cutting Overeem and dos Santos - ‘We loved those guys, it’s just part of the sport’ )

He's a decent fighter still, doesn't turn down fights, and is taking peanuts to keep fighting. That's why he's in. Them being worried he'll kill himself? Dana isn't the guy who makes the financial decisions anymore - if he wasn't making WMG money, they would have cut him. He still pulls enough of a crowd, and for dimes on the dollar.

Not saying he doesn't have suicidal thoughts, but WMG isn't keeping him in the promotion to avoid him committing suicide. Hell, if they were worried about it being a real brand issue, he would have been released years ago to avoid that very problem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Yeah I don't think it's Andrei's head problems that are keeping him in. It's the fact he's taking a lot less than other former champs for fights ( shit, even guys who were never champs kept asking for massive payouts. Overeem for example: Dana White on cutting Overeem and dos Santos - ‘We loved those guys, it’s just part of the sport’ )

He's a decent fighter still, doesn't turn down fights, and is taking peanuts to keep fighting. That's why he's in. Them being worried he'll kill himself? Dana isn't the guy who makes the financial decisions anymore - if he wasn't making WMG money, they would have cut him. He still pulls enough of a crowd, and for dimes on the dollar.

Not saying he doesn't have suicidal thoughts, but WMG isn't keeping him in the promotion to avoid him committing suicide. Hell, if they were worried about it being a real brand issue, he would have been released years ago to avoid that very problem.

Overeem and JDS were in a position to ask for money as they generally lost to top contenders for the most part.

Arlovski lost to unranked bums on undercards (some even untelevised before UFC Fight Pass, if I remember correctly)

He got a sympathy re-signing several years ago pre-WMG because they know he doesn't see any life after fighting. It'll have to be a Chuck Liddell forced retirement decision to stop. He gets a wide berth on re-signings because he's a former beloved champ, and because his mental health issues are in the public eye.

Jozu

I didnt know about the Russian roulette thing.

Thats wild. Hopefully he is past that stage in his life.

Goatface

really thought he was going to do better in acting. plenty of russian mobster type roles out there

Goatface

1666877801823.png

USADA’s UFC database confirms the aforementioned number, showing that Prochazka was tested 15 times this October alone. He had 27 tests in Q3, seven in Q2, and two in Q1, for a total of 51 so far in 2022.
looked up some others
conor shows last test was q3 of 2021
francis ngannou 9
stipe miocic 5
jon jones 3
tj dillashaw 9
israel adesanya 11
amanda nunes 8
islam makhachev 7
petr yan 11
alex volkanovski 10
charles oliveira 9

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
View attachment 440052

looked up some others
francis ngannou 9
stipe miocic 5
jon jones 3
tj dillashaw 9
israel adesanya 11
amanda nunes 8
islam makhachev 7
petr yan 11
alex volkanovski 10
charles oliveira 9
jesus imagine how many of these tests were urine AND blood?
UFC athletes who are subject to testing by USADA can be selected at any time and at any location for blood testing. Blood testing allows for the detection of additional substances that in some cases may not be able to be detected in urine. Additionally, blood samples allow for the use of longitudinal data collection, often called the biological passport. Longitudinal data collection monitors certain bio markers over time to detect the use of performance enhancing substances and/or methods.
This page outlines the in-competition testing process for a blood sample collection.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

“Like, ‘Yeah, I could see that.’ But since it’s me and people fucking hate me because I’m 6’6”, 220, pure chocolate, and ranked number one bantamweight in the fucking world, bitch!”

Even though I think Yan won the 1st round, fucking ROFL. I'm glad O'malley won now, fucking hilarious.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
View attachment 440052

looked up some others
francis ngannou 9
stipe miocic 5
jon jones 3
tj dillashaw 9
israel adesanya 11
amanda nunes 8
islam makhachev 7
petr yan 11
alex volkanovski 10
charles oliveira 9

There has to be an agenda behind testing Prochazka that much. Escalating to testing every other day in October is unprecedented.

Not a UFC agenda. Some weirdo at USADA is riding the hatewagon.

Jozu

People just cant believe their eyes sometimes when it comes to supreme athleticism.

Especially in 2022, where people are accusing the Liver King of having ab implants. Jiri is truly special IMO, and has just got started.

Goatface

jesus imagine how many of these tests were urine AND blood?
never looked, how much blood do they take? know they have those little needles when they just take a small amount, but if they are filling vials with a bigger needle, you are not supposed to put a lot of stress on it for several hours.

There has to be an agenda behind testing Prochazka that much. Escalating to testing every other day in October is unprecedented.

Not a UFC agenda. Some weirdo at USADA is riding the hatewagon.
some usada dude getting paid extra to travel

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
never looked, how much blood do they take? know they have those little needles when they just take a small amount, but if they are filling vials with a bigger needle, you are not supposed to put a lot of stress on it for several hours.

some usada dude getting paid extra to travel
idk but theyve been doing that to costa, even drawing his blood in the morning right before weighins and weight cut

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Liverking dude is on a bunch of sauce; dude still puts in a shitload of work and the ab stuff is hilarious. It'd be nice if he just admitted to being on the sauce (dudes like Jujimufu admit it) and said "Hey man, I'm on some enhancements but uh, I still put in 500% more work than most people" it would cool down anything about him. It would also probably cut into his revenue, so he's gotta keep that denial train going. No hate for the guy; I wouldn't look like that doing whatever workouts he's on but I'd still be a top 1% shredded motherfucker if I did. I just wouldn't be that .1% stuff with the sauce.

• 1Like