MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I looked back a few pages I guess you think it is bullshit. What is your evidence besides no sling?

I had shoulder surgery ~2 years ago and I wasn't in a sling prior to surgery.

My father in law had shoulder surgery last week and he wasn't in a sling prior to surgery either.

View attachment 446866

EDIT: Surgery was 3 years ago, not 2. Time fucking flies.

WORST SHOULDER INJURY EVER!!!!!!!!!! EVERR

get the fuck out of here Ameraves Ameraves you too fatass

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Has nothing to do with that. Re-read UFC's official comments again.
I've seen it. We don't have sufficient information to evaluate that statement, and even if we did there's certainly some hyperbole and mistranslation going on there. Dana is paraphrasing a doctor, and he's not a man prone to excess precision with his words. I doubt any doctor has been present for the entire history of the UFC.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've seen it. We don't have sufficient information to evaluate that statement, and even if we did there's certainly some hyperbole and mistranslation going on there. Dana is paraphrasing a doctor, and he's not a man prone to excess precision with his words. I doubt any doctor has been present for the entire history of the UFC.

Great now that we established that the severity of the injury is bullshit,

- jiri said he wants to fight
- closed-door meeting forced him off it
- his camp indicated jiri made the decision to drop the belt??
- closed-door meeting (per Dana written statements) indicated UFC forced both the surgery and the subsequent stripping

The point is it should be up to the fighter. Everyone could use a little shoulder surgery. Mine isn't perfect. A lot of guys are at 70-80% and that's just fine.

So what's really going on? The shoulder injury isn't the worst in the history of UFC, and it's not unprecedented. What's unprecedented is the way Jiri got handled in the closed-door meeting.

Captain Suave

Great now that we established that the severity of the injury is bullshit,

- jiri said he wants to fight
- closed-door meeting forced him off it
- his camp indicated jiri made the decision to drop the belt??
- closed-door meeting (per Dana written statements) indicated UFC forced both the surgery and the subsequent stripping

The point is it should be up to the fighter. Everyone could use a little shoulder surgery. Mine isn't perfect. A lot of guys are at 70-80% and that's just fine.

So what's really going on? The shoulder injury isn't the worst in the history of UFC, and it's not unprecedented. What's unprecedented is the way Jiri got handled in the closed-door meeting.

Literally none of that is inferable from what I or the UFC said.

Edit: It's not always up to the fighter. The UFC has retired several fighters who would have otherwise kept competing, and that was the right call.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
jayrebb jayrebb it appears to me you are basing the majority of your opinion based off Dana's comment and then using things like "closed door meeting" and no sling to solidify your version of events. I wasn't born yesterday and understand PEDs are prevalent in Pro Sports as well as College, I personally am hesitant to disparage someone's character and work ethic. You have every right to believe what you want, I respectfully disagree based on the information we have.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
jayrebb jayrebb it appears to me you are basing the majority of your opinion based off Dana's comment and then using things like "closed door meeting" and no sling to solidify your version of events. I wasn't born yesterday and understand PEDs are prevalent in Pro Sports as well as College, I personally am hesitant to disparage someone's character and work ethic. You have every right to believe what you want, I respectfully disagree based on the information we have.

How many times was Jiri tested by USADA this year?? Why are they on his ass more than any fighters in UFC history?

Respectfully disagree indeed.

Captain Suave

I'm not going to link a timeline of coverage from all parties involved.

Just fuck off and get a head start on writing excuses for why Conor hasn't had to test in 2 years.
What does this have to do with Conor? He's obviously taking all the PEDs he can to recover from his leg break. We're talking about Jiri here.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What does this have to do with Conor? He's obviously taking all the PEDs he can to recover from his leg break. We're talking about Jiri here.
crystal effects GIF

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was such a fuckin war and a fun fight. Holland and Wonderboy should fight every 6 months till they can't do it anymore.

• 1Like

Goatface

UFC 282 main card will air live on ESPN+ pay-per-view on Saturday at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT.
Prelims begin at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT on ESPN+ and UFC Fight Pass before switching to ESPN+ and ESPN2 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

Jan Blachowicz (204.5) vs. Magomed Ankalaev (205)
Jared Gordon (155.5) vs. Paddy Pimblett (156)
Alex Morono (179.5) vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio (179.5)
Dricus Du Plessis (185) vs. Darren Till (184.5)
Bryce Mitchell (146) vs. Ilia Topuria (146)
Jay Perrin (136) vs. Raul Rosas Jr. (136)
Chris Daukaus (242.5) vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik (261.5)
Dalcha Lungiambula (185.5) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185.5)
Joaquin Buckley (185.5) vs. Chris Curtis (186)
Alexander Hernandez (145.5) vs. Billy Quarantillo (146)
T.J. Brown (145.5) vs. Erik Silva (146)
Daniel da Silva (129)* vs. Vinicius Salvador (126)
Steven Koslow (136) vs. Cameron Saaiman (135)

* Da Silva missed weight by three pounds and has been fined 20% of his purse.

=
so apparently dustin got out of the hospital, had another mri on foot, then had to go back in for surgery to have an abscess drained

1670611193504.png