MMA Thread

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Serious question, would you guys really care if Francis leaves? Do you get hyped for his fights?

I know his game has improved, but to me he is a one trick pony with that one trick being nuclear. So while it can be very exciting to watch him knock someone into next week, I feel like that is all his fights are. Watching and waiting for one punch to land versus dozens if not hundreds of other fighters in the UFC that have much more rounded game where it is fun to watch the chess match.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him than not, but I am not going to lose any sleep over him being gone.

Agree? Disagree?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Serious question, would you guys really care if Francis leaves? Do you get hyped for his fights?

I know his game has improved, but to me he is a one trick pony with that one trick being nuclear. So while it can be very exciting to watch him knock someone into next week, I feel like that is all his fights are. Watching and waiting for one punch to land versus dozens if not hundreds of other fighters in the UFC that have much more rounded game where it is fun to watch the chess match.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him than not, but I am not going to lose any sleep over him being gone.

Agree? Disagree?
the only ppl that want francais to staay

are the ppl that want jon jones to have a title shot against francais and get sent to heaven
91e366d62721deb1bd9e57806e80acb8.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

are the ppl that want jon jones to have a title shot against francais and get sent to heaven
See I am the opposite, I would love to see Jon pick Francis apart and KO or submit him. That said I wouldn't cry if Jon got sent to 2024, that really is the only HW fight that I want to see for now. Maybe Jon vs Cyril? Overall the HW division is kind of meh.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Would love to see Francis come back in the UFC but he will never be anything more than a KO artist. Too late in the game now I believe. If he doesn't make it back I wouldn't care too much. If Jon Jones uses his wrestling at HW it's over for everybody. No one in the MMA can out-wrestle him at HW or LHW. We saw what he did to Cormier and what Cormier did to guys in both weight classes.

I still think Cormier stood his best chance at HW against Jones. Too bad we never got to see that. All the guys that Jon got those razor-close wins over are not the same fighters today. His return at HW is what I am and have been most looking forward to since he left.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was surprised af at Francis' ground game improvement on Miocic 2. He showed a lot of improvement and I was looking forward to seeing how much he was going to improve over his career.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Would love to see Francis come back in the UFC but he will never be anything more than a KO artist. Too late in the game now I believe. If he doesn't make it back I wouldn't care too much. If Jon Jones uses his wrestling at HW it's over for everybody. No one in the MMA can out-wrestle him at HW or LHW. We saw what he did to Cormier and what Cormier did to guys in both weight classes.

I still think Cormier stood his best chance at HW against Jones. Too bad we never got to see that. All the guys that Jon got those razor-close wins over are not the same fighters today. His return at HW is what I am and have been most looking forward to since he left.
He really did shit all over DC in wrestling. Pretty funny and amazing when you think about DC being an Olympian.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
He really did shit all over DC in wrestling. Pretty funny and amazing when you think about DC being an Olympian.
Context matters a lot. In grappling there have been notable multiple-ruleset matches where the grappler "out-wrestles" the wrestler in a submission match and the gets immediately tech falled in the wrestling portion. There's a 0% chance of Jones beating DC in a wrestling match.

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Context matters a lot. In grappling there have been notable multiple-ruleset matches where the grappler "out-wrestles" the wrestler in a submission match and the gets immediately tech falled in the wrestling portion. There's a 0% chance of Jones beating DC in a wrestling match.
Yeah, I wasn't viewing that beat down from a technical point system, more of domination with (iirc) a suplex or some sort of slam by Jones. I just remember him pick DC up which was pretty impressive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

remember reading Ngannou could earn around $15m if he boxes Fury. which would be like 2-3x more than he has earned in mma. don't think he is worth that much to ufc. sad thing, he has only fought 1 time per year in 2020-22.

--

been reading some prediction articles

Flyweight (2 title fights is 2022)
2022 Brandon Moreno
2023 Deiveson Figueiredo - Brandon Moreno Interim Champion

Bantamweight (2 title fights is 2022)
2022 Aljamain Sterling
2023 Aljamain Sterling

Featherweight (2 title fights is 2022)
2022 Alexander Volkanovski
2023 Alexander Volkanovski

Lightweight (2 title fights is 2022)
2022 Charles Oliveira
2023 Islam Makhachev

Welterweight (1 title fight is 2022)
2022 Kamaru Usman
2023 Leon Edwards

Middleweight (3 title fights is 2022)
2022 Israel Adesanya
2023 Alex Pereira

Light Heavyweight (1 title fight is 2022)
2022 Glover Teixeira
2023 Vacant

Heavyweight (1 title fight is 2022)
2022 Francis Ngannou
2023 Francis Ngannou

some reason they didn't do BW

1673717829830.png

my predictions sure to go wrong for 2023
sergei, magomed, alex, colby, islam, volk, fig and henry

francis will be stripped, jiri will come back really fast and lose. usman will beat leon, then lose, stipe will retire

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm

He's obviously the best and showed improvement on his defense/ground game. I dont root for the guy but I want to watch the best compete

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
remember reading Ngannou could earn around $15m if he boxes Fury. which would be like 2-3x more than he has earned in mma. don't think he is worth that much to ufc. sad thing, he has only fought 1 time per year in 2020-22.

--

2022 Brandon Moreno

2022 Aljamain Sterling
2023 Aljamain Sterling

2022 Charles Oliveira
2023 Islam Makhachev

2022 Kamaru Usman
2023 Leon Edwards

2022 Israel Adesanya
2023 Alex Pereira

2022 Glover Teixeira
2023 Vacant

2022 Francis Ngannou
2023 Francis Ngannou

View attachment 453136

francis will be stripped, jiri will come back really fast and lose. usman will beat leon, then lose, stipe will retire
You take Henry over O'Malley, or you're not expecting those two to fight for the title?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

--

2022 Brandon Moreno

2022 Aljamain Sterling
2023 Aljamain Sterling

2022 Charles Oliveira
2023 Islam Makhachev

2022 Kamaru Usman
2023 Leon Edwards

2022 Israel Adesanya
2023 Alex Pereira

2022 Glover Teixeira
2023 Vacant

2022 Francis Ngannou
2023 Francis Ngannou

View attachment 453136

Hollar at me next time Jiri fights, I will likely be willing to wager an avatar.

Goatface

apparently people were saying it was fake, but couple more pics and vid popped up. someone there probably isn't having a good day now.

You take Henry over O'Malley, or you're not expecting those two to fight for the title?
thinking about it more, probably will be O'Malley/Dvalishvili for interim belt as they were talking about it for march. then Sterling/Dvalishvili in aug/sept. don't think they will strip Sterling and henry wouldn't come back for interim belt. i dislike Henry less than OMalley and Sterling.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good riddance cry baby Ngannou.

He thinks he's worth Mike Tyson money. His management got to his head.